Dick's Sporting Goods

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Bismarck, I go to Dicks Sporting Goods only because they are pretty close to where I live and Scheels is on the other side of town. However, I only go there when I know I won't find the item I'm looking for at Walmart because Walmart is much cheaper. Now if I lived a bit closer to Scheels, I would never visit Dicks. No reason to.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been in there three times. That should pretty much take care of my needs to ever stroll through the place. Twice I walked out without buying anything, the other time I was specifically looking for an air pump to fill tube to pull the kids on. If I hadn't already been in that part of town when I thought of it, I would have gotten it elsewhere.

I wanted a Fleet Farm and got a useless Dick's Sporting Goods, life's just not fair.

I guess if they ever send me a 50% off coupon for some 9mm, I may go back.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you know why most lesbians shop at Scheels?.........

They don't like Dicks.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:rockit;:;bowdown;:;rofl;:;rofl;:;rofl;:;rofl::laughing::::laughing::::laughing:::::thumbsup::

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agree with this. Not much in the way of hunting and fishing but golf selection is good with some upper level clubs as well as intro clubs. Clothing is pretty good except for the hunting and fishing area. Not a bad store, all depends on what you are looking for. Just like every other store.

For those of you who shop at Dakota Tackle, what is the reason? It's not because you can get something there that isn't available at other stores. I'm guessing the reason is the same for you as for me, it's hard to beat the service and friendliness plus knowing that you are supporting a local business owner. Every successful store has a reason each of us like's doing business with them.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dakota Tackle is great because of Wade and the guys working there know fishing. That's all they do. They know the products they sell, they have everything and service is excellent.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prana Zions for pants and the under armour will be a distant thought

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prana Zions for pants and the under armour will be a distant thought

If they eliminated the cargo pocket, I'd probably have to try a pair. They're about the same price anyway. I wear the UA's to work and for officiating. If my tank ass and thunder thighs don't split the crotch, they're good pants.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dicks is fine for what it is, for those living north of the interstate, we have less reasons to drive to scheels for overpriced clothes, and those living south of the expressway are not missing anything never walking into dicks. Wasting an already small floor space with junk that has no use in North Dakota, and their stupid stance after sandy hook, will likely lead to them failing.

As far as Fargo, I doubt they even put a dent in scheels foot traffic, even if they use the entire sears store. Scheels has the Fargo market cornered.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they eliminated the cargo pocket, I'd probably have to try a pair. They're about the same price anyway. I wear the UA's to work and for officiating. If my tank ass and thunder thighs don't split the crotch, they're good pants.

That is the one thing I figured won't work for you. I wear them for everything from basketball practice to sitting around the house pheasant hunting and they are durable. My wife makes fun of me I wear them so much

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
i will never ever spend my money at Dicks.

- - - Updated - - -

Scheels at least supports the second amendment, Dicks does not.

i have nothing more to contribute but i agree with everyone its fkn dogshit to say the least.i will go to scheels and runnings well before dicks and i live 7 miles NE of bis. so i drove right past it to get to the others

Perchslayer

Established Member
Seems everyone at dicks is a dick I was on hold for 20 minutes because the guy wouldn't go check for the certain kind of ice bibs I wanted will never spend a dime there

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

So, to recap, we're talking about everyone's love/hate relationship with dicks, and you pony up (all in one sentence) "tank ass, thunder thighs, and crotch".

Well played sir...

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have a decent selection of bass tackle. Every now and again you can find a pretty good bargain. At Scheels I never feel like I'm getting a bargain.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not all that sure Dakota Tackle is any cheaper than Scheels. But Wade is the real deal and he gets my business.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is my .02 on retail. Even if i was looking for clothing a shirt or something and i go into a retail store like Dicks and they dont have my size or the right color. With all the store closings lately and the general down trend of retail- Somebody mentioned Dakota Tackle -- that is what imo stores need to model. Concentrate on one area, decent prices, quality and you can make it against the mail order or the big box stores. Everybody wants to get rich -- those days are gone. I ordered directly from China - box comes customs never opened it - no tariff - that is the future too unfortunally. . Clothing isnt quality anymore everything is cheaply made. I ordered one pair of Keen - made in USA and i love them / my other keens are china or some other foreign country and you can tell. Dicks imo will die -- Gander died and is holding on only by the gun side of things imo. Scheels they make it on clothing and not guns/fishing.

- - - Updated - - -

PS on the wades spinners -- he has some homeade stuff -- awesome - i stop every time i am in bismarck. His price is cheaper than scheels unless if scheels runs a special.

2 1/2 oz b bouncers yup!!! he has em - nobody else does.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84