Can you say recession

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 11 ram has 200k on it. In the last month I've put a condenser in it and a radiator to keep er going. Trying to avoid buying for as long as possible. Fucker still operates like it's new. I might just have to buy another ram. It has been a good little rig. Fuck payments. Most people are a slave to payments.
Shop diagnosed the condenser was shot. They wanted 1k to replace it and recharge the air conditioning. I ordered the part of rock auto for less than $100 and did it myself. Same with radiator, hundred dollar part. Rock Auto is the nuts.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
obi, that is obtuse to say the least. $300/hour is actual privately retained attorney rates. the standard government rate for contracted attorneys in ND is $75/hour... you know, the folks with 6 figure tuition bills and a minimum of 7 years of school. they aren't charging the same rates for their paralegals, accountants nor their office assistants. and, you are missing the point of the rant... the point was that the actual hourly rate paid to the actual workers is but a small fraction of the actual cost of doing business. and if you aren't able to do business... to your fullest potential and maximize your profits... because you can't find laborers... because you don't pay a competitive wage v flipping burgers, maybe re-examine your business model and pay your laborers more... and hell... pass the extra cost on to the customer for all i care. after all, if you are already charging $100/hour/hammer, the customer won't give a fuck if you charge $110... especially if he knows the extra $10 is going to the man swinging the hammer and the work is going to get done.

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong again.....dance is higher and it's not even close.
My good buddy's daughter is in Cheer since I don't know how old, WTF does that actually teach. They go all over the country and the money they dump on a trip is crazy. He once told me he had if figured out what place they were going to take at competition before it even started just by looking at the teams and their stats he was usually within 1 place either way so fly to Galveston TX get there and know that you are basically going to be taking 7th place. It's an excuse for the parents (mom's primarily) to travel and party.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
News said for every one working there is another 1.5 jobs open crazy for sure.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife and I are dual six figure…no way in hell would I finance something 20 years out, and on a 4 year note those loans are in excess of 1k per month…even at our income level that would be extremely hard to justify. Three high dollar items and your well over 3k a month in loans just for toys…yeah no thanks. I also believe there is money in ND. Kids inherited the farm and sold it off now they are blowing it on this and that. A number of well paying jobs but I would say that’s limited compared to what you see in these campgrounds.
Dual six figures, just for easy figuring. Let's say 120,000 each. Take home little over 80,000. The six figures don't look to nice.

I come from a small town and don't know a single person who has inherited a farm and sold it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't know of any farm land selling because of a death around that area.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dual six figures, just for easy figuring. Let's say 120,000 each. Take home little over 80,000. The six figures don't look to nice.

I come from a small town and don't know a single person who has inherited a farm and sold it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't know of any farm land selling because of a death around that area.
I do....

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
McKenzie bay, probably 75%
Maybe...maybe not..maybe they want you to believe that? I think I have touched on this before. I have a buddy who owns a recreational facility and according to him a majority are financing long term. Believe what you want and i will believe what I want. I find it very very hard to believe 75% of the park has 100k this 100k that and all paid off. I think I will stick with true sources vs what a guy in the park is telling another guy.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything on this site turns into a pissing match. Joe and I get blamed for everything.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe...maybe not..maybe they want you to believe that? I think I have touched on this before. I have a buddy who owns a recreational facility and according to him a majority are financing long term. Believe what you want and i will believe what I want. I find it very very hard to believe 75% of the park has 100k this 100k that and all paid off. I think I will stick with true sources vs what a guy in the park is telling another guy.
You might be right, we have 31 seasonal spots at the campground, I know 10 of the families personally, these 10 do not have loans on their set up, a few of them upgrade almost annually, as they cannot spend their stash fast enough. Meaning there is such a huge pile, they wouldn’t be able to blow it, even in their kids lifetimes.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You might be right, we have 31 seasonal spots at the campground, I know 10 of the families personally, these 10 do not have loans on their set up, a few of them upgrade almost annually, as they cannot spend their stash fast enough. Meaning there is such a huge pile, they wouldn’t be able to blow it, even in their kids lifetimes.
I am not one of these 10, so not big shoting myself. But I am one that owes nothing on my toys, and haven’t for years.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad and I just discussed this. We fish many places in SD WY and ND. Nowhere has the quantity and quality of equipment like you see on Sakakawea. Not even close anywhere else.
I’ve seen the same. Bakken provides a lot of $$$$ that most places don’t have. Since everyone competes with the oil field the other jobs around also pay good.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last few years I have been up at Van Hook for Independence Day.

I sit and stare in shock at the number of $80k+ boats driving by. It's an amazing thing that makes me feel less than amazing as I skipper my $30k pontoon, or $25k Lund around.

Note, neither are worth that at this point since they have a few years on them, that was the purchase price.
I don’t many people who don’t have money that are financing a 100k boat. Most own their own businesses, farm, or work in the oil field. This isn’t the same for vehicles. Tons of people drove $80k vehicles regardless of what kind of money they have.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't mind driving junk. Some of you pay $900 a month just to sit in a truck.
Once you get your old truck paid off it sucks having to
Think about spending $900 a month for a new trucks. I figure I save 10k every year I hold off buying a new truck. I couldn’t forgive myself if I bought even a $50k trucks when the
Same trucks were 25% cheaper less than a decade ago. Insane the cheapest trim other than a work truck is still over $50k

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 351
  • This month: 253
  • This month: 199
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 74