Dillon

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finally got together with oldest daughter's family for Christmas gifts.

Have not watch any news on the tv since the day after the election. Use to consume around 50% of our time.
Since then, we watch Gunsmoke and the Rifleman about 80% of the time.
Has been good, it just the only way i find out what is going on out there is on here or at the bar.

Daughter found this new t-shirt and i did open it up for a present.
No news watching and for the most part only westerns and we have found it to be good along with my new t-shirt.

Got first shot today with no problems.
Still providing food for deer and those rodents of moose, elk and coons. Coons do leave when it gets really cold. Horns are starting to drop. Been a good year for horns and as good as it was 10 years ago. Have 6 active food plots.
Got some nice bull elk and moose coming up but i wish they were not here as they keep the whitetail away for the most part. Seems moose love to lay on feed (hay and corn) most of the time and got pictures of moose and elk fighting over the feed.

The t-shirt was a big thing for me and i got a couple of hours before Gunsmoke comes on again.. db

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the deer love second cutting alfalfa especially when it was put up right with all the leaves. db

- - - Updated - - -

The other day i got permission from a owner of land with mainly all woods that i had heard of a 180 class buck living a short distance from this land (for the most part i assume it is maybe a 140-150 class but who knows).

As i walk on this section of land today i must of came abound about a dozen ladder stands to my surprise. In talking to the owner tonight it was a surprise to him to and for him, those ladder stands will be gone shortly. Anyways, in one area i found a ton of trails and i mean a ton.
Owner asked me to put up cameras which will happen tomorrow. Just maybe, but a new spot for me so am looking forward to it. Love the outdoors, the cold weather as long as it is over 0 degrees with no wind. Let me know when they plan to take our guns away, as stated, we do not watch the news anymore. db

Attachments

DSC00110.jpg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did a lot of work for a guy nicked-named Festus. Super nice person and he didnt ride a mule. Did come across some guys elk hunting in Colorado that had a pair of saddle broke mules that they were hunting off of. Really wished they were mine, Totally broke to the point one of the hunters had shot a yote and had it slung across the back of the saddle on a longer rope so that it was hitting the mules belly in front of it hind legs. Mule paid no attention to it at all. LB

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don’t know what’s happening but I’m here for the comments

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Have not watch any news on the tv since the day after the election. Use to consume around 50% of our time.
Has been good, it just the only way i find out what is going on out there is on here or at the bar.

No news watching and for the most part only westerns and we have found it to be good along with my new t-shirt.

Still providing food for deer and those rodents of moose, elk and coons. Coons do leave when it gets really cold. Horns are starting to drop. Been a good year for horns and as good as it was 10 years ago. Have 6 active food plots.
Got some nice bull elk and moose coming up but i wish they were not here as they keep the whitetail away for the most part. Seems moose love to lay on feed (hay and corn) most of the time and got pictures of moose and elk fighting over the feed.

The t-shirt was a big thing for me and i got a couple of hours before Gunsmoke comes on again.. db

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the deer love second cutting alfalfa especially when it was put up right with all the leaves. db

- - - Updated - - -

The other day i got permission from a owner of land with mainly all woods that i had heard of a 180 class buck living a short distance from this land (for the most part i assume it is maybe a 140-150 class but who knows).

As i walk on this section of land today i must of came abound about a dozen ladder stands to my surprise. In talking to the owner tonight it was a surprise to him to and for him, those ladder stands will be gone shortly. Anyways, in one area i found a ton of trails and i mean a ton.
Owner asked me to put up cameras which will happen tomorrow. Just maybe, but a new spot for me so am looking forward to it. Love the outdoors, the cold weather as long as it is over 0 degrees with no wind. Let me know when they plan to take our guns away, as stated, we do not watch the news anymore. db
As I read this I am also watching gun smoke

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this was going to be about progressive reloading presses.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The only tv I watch since the "stolen" election is Tucker Carlsen if it is on when the wifey feeds me supper! I also watch ALL UND hockey games, but only on-line on CBS.SN or NCHC.tv.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chester hollering down the street: "Mr. Dillion, Mr. Dillion you gotta get your ass down to the Long Branch!"

Mr. Dillion: "Where in the hell do you think I been getting it?"

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
DB
Did that land owner have his land posted before or will he in the future now?
Takes a lot of balls to set up stands when someone has the land posted. If it was posted, i would keep the stands for sure.
Don't think it would be much of a fight between a bull moose and a bull elk. Moose would win hands down.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
fascinating subject

an elk's antlers are more pointy and longer - better chance of penetrating deep into vitals - not?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It was Chester who holler Mr. Dillon, Mr Dillion. He is as bad as that deputy on Mayberry. But Zogman, i do enjoy Chester more than Festus and the wife can not stand Chester. I guess Festus did say Mr. Dillion but usually Mathew.

Broken:
There are no hunting signs just not the best job of putting up. He thinks maybe a nephew gave some people permission and will find out. If that is the case it will end now including his nephew hunting there. Yes he may have a handful of ladder stands and i hope to have a handful of pictures tomorrow.

The elk and moose fight, i feel was a draw as they are both all there. All 6 of my plots have elk, moose or both on them. damn things. Elk are hard on xmas trees i have planted and now are 15 feet tall. A few are now 2 feet tall. Never again for the elk and i am sure i will put some electric fence juice into them next year. It seems the whitetail can walk right under the elk so put the fence up and deer go under and hopefully elk put their nose up on wire.

How did your neighbor turn out who did not wake up from shot? And yes it does take a lot of balls. db

- - - Updated - - -

The elk seem to be as tall if not taller than the moose maybe not in weight but the horns do look like they could cause more damage. So guywhofishes i would think in a drag out drag fight the elk for the most part would win, maybe not but compare to the whitetail they both are big. Depends on who wants to win. Both have decent horns for ND animals but the elk horns seem overall bigger. The pictures i have it appears they are friendly fights with the smaller bulls but horns are lock up on each other.

Deer stay away when either elk or moose are at site. db

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
fascinating subject

an elk's antlers are more pointy and longer - better chance of penetrating deep into vitals - not?

Yes if he goes for the vitals.
As far as brute strength and power, moose hands down. It would be like a 4 wheel drive tractor and a H international having a pulling contest.
I am talking mature bulls on both sides of course.

- - - Updated - - -

It was Chester who holler Mr. Dillon, Mr Dillion. He is as bad as that deputy on Mayberry. But Zogman, i do enjoy Chester more than Festus and the wife can not stand Chester. I guess Festus did say Mr. Dillion but usually Mathew.

Broken:
There are no hunting signs just not the best job of putting up. He thinks maybe a nephew gave some people permission and will find out. If that is the case it will end now including his nephew hunting there. Yes he may have a handful of ladder stands and i hope to have a handful of pictures tomorrow.

The elk and moose fight, i feel was a draw as they are both all there. All 6 of my plots have elk, moose or both on them. damn things. Elk are hard on xmas trees i have planted and now are 15 feet tall. A few are now 2 feet tall. Never again for the elk and i am sure i will put some electric fence juice into them next year. It seems the whitetail can walk right under the elk so put the fence up and deer go under and hopefully elk put their nose up on wire.

How did your neighbor turn out who did not wake up from shot?
And yes it does take a lot of balls. db

- - - Updated - - -

The elk seem to be as tall if not taller than the moose maybe not in weight but the horns do look like they could cause more damage. So guywhofishes i would think in a drag out drag fight the elk for the most part would win, maybe not but compare to the whitetail they both are big. Depends on who wants to win. Both have decent horns for ND animals but the elk horns seem overall bigger. The pictures i have it appears they are friendly fights with the smaller bulls but horns are lock up on each other.

Deer stay away when either elk or moose are at site. db

Update on our neighbor who took her first shot and couldn't stay awake.
They took her to the ER and all tests showed nothing wrong but they couldn't get her to wake up and stay awake. They put her in a long term care facility and she hasn't been awake since the ER. Yesterday they put her in Hospice Care and it is only a matter of time before she passes we have been told.
This all started within hours of her first shot of the vaccine. Perfectly healthy before that.
Be aware, people can be immune to reactions or can be extremely susceptible to reactions and any place in between too.
They told my bride she better not take them as she is/has or suffers from Anaphylaxis which causes her blood pressure to drop and her airways to close up. It is scary as heck when this has happened to her in the past. The last time we had to take her to the ER as i gave her an injection of epinephrine and got her to ER as it wasn't helping her this time. She was gasping for air and i was driving like a madman as we were in the country and about 30 miles from the hospital.
They ended up giving her 3 more shots in the ER and finally after 3-4 hours the swelling started to go down. They cautioned us as each episode is getting more severe and the next one might be the last one!
So please be cautious is all i am saying.
Was also told don't take these shots if you have taken the shingles vaccine in the last 2 months. They said they wouldn't recommend this vaccine if you have taken "any" vaccine in the last 2 months. So just food for thought here.
God bless you all.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Life can be a bitch sometime. brokenback. Db

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes if he goes for the vitals.
As far as brute strength and power, moose hands down. It would be like a 4 wheel drive tractor and a H international having a pulling contest.
I am talking mature bulls on both sides of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Update on our neighbor who took her first shot and couldn't stay awake.
They took her to the ER and all tests showed nothing wrong but they couldn't get her to wake up and stay awake. They put her in a long term care facility and she hasn't been awake since the ER. Yesterday they put her in Hospice Care and it is only a matter of time before she passes we have been told.
This all started within hours of her first shot of the vaccine. Perfectly healthy before that.
Be aware, people can be immune to reactions or can be extremely susceptible to reactions and any place in between too.
They told my bride she better not take them as she is/has or suffers from Anaphylaxis which causes her blood pressure to drop and her airways to close up. It is scary as heck when this has happened to her in the past. The last time we had to take her to the ER as i gave her an injection of epinephrine and got her to ER as it wasn't helping her this time. She was gasping for air and i was driving like a madman as we were in the country and about 30 miles from the hospital.
They ended up giving her 3 more shots in the ER and finally after 3-4 hours the swelling started to go down. They cautioned us as each episode is getting more severe and the next one might be the last one!
So please be cautious is all i am saying.
Was also told don't take these shots if you have taken the shingles vaccine in the last 2 months. They said they wouldn't recommend this vaccine if you have taken "any" vaccine in the last 2 months. So just food for thought here.
God bless you all.

How old is your neighbor?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Put camera up yesterday and got this morning
1036 pictures with number of smaller bucks. With 12 stands and not knowing how much use on a section it is a wonder there were any deer. Will see what future brings up. Db

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been binge watching Netflix. Shut the news off, it’s 90% fake, or at the minimum slanted anyway. I am happier.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been binge watching Netflix. Shut the news off, it’s 90% fake, or at the minimum slanted anyway. I am happier.

Me too. Not watching any news lately. My elderly mother does, and each time I visit her, the brings me up to date on the latest string of calamities. I figure that if it's something that doesn't affect me directly, and there's nothing I can do about it, I'm better off not knowing.

Could be a cave-in, in China, or killer storm somewhere else, etc. The news is either fake, slanted, inflammatory, or all three. It's all about getting the clicks.

Jaykay

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88