Does color matter this much for walleye?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Please try and report back on outcome. Cold weather late fall.....purple descent. To add I use this late fall with absolutely outstanding success…cold water though…still probably a tad to warm for it. Think few weeks before freeze up.

Attachments

1000008163.jpg
Last edited:

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have seen lots of smelt come through but goby's would surprise me as they do not have a swim bladder and can be found on the bottom in rocky areas. so would not be drawn in as intakes are usually well above the bottom.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please try and report back on outcome. Cold weather late fall.....purple descent. To add I use this late fall with absolutely outstanding success…cold water though…still probably a tad to warm for it. Think few weeks before freeze up.

One of my goto colors on the river for late spring fishing. Outside of the river, I've had nominal success with it.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We can kick all these baits and colors around --- bottom line going "forward" just a plain jig with rubber minnow is all your tackle box will consist of. Colors will vary slightly

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We can kick all these baits and colors around --- bottom line going "forward" just a plain jig with rubber minnow is all your tackle box will consist of. Colors will vary slightly
You think there’s going to be lead and plastic around in the future….Ha

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know that fella jaykay likes to send out the lure he calls sex panther. 60% of the time it works every time.
Sex Panther, Snootie Patootie, Helsinki Shad are all great on jerkbait stick-style baits.

Gotta say Pins Minnows and Crystal Minnows, both by YoZuri, worked well in blues n blacks last fall. It’s amazing sometimes how big eyes will whack these stupid-small lures.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think colors catch fisherman more than anything, but thats just me. Piece of string tied to a hook covered up with a crawler or minnow catches almost all of the fish each and every year for everyone in my boat. Has for 40 years, just have to put it in front of their face.
Fish are dumb!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 214
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 61