Dog Doors?

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Moving soon and looking to buy a good dog door. My current house has a door from gundoghousedoor.com. It was the heavy duty one. It worked well, but I didn't think it was very energy efficient into a heated garage. I'll be putting this one in a heated garage as well. Any one use any other brands that have been sturdy, energy efficient, etc?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In our new home I installed Menards exterior doors. You can order the door with the dog door installed. It's a double flapper so it's much better in the cold.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had many three dog nights when I was married. RIP Cory Wells.

Franchi

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is a guy in either Mapleton or Casselton that i got mine from. He runs a Kennel and sells the doors also. His are quieter than the gun dog doors. Price is similar, the tension on the springs are adjustable to suit your dog or weather conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.lutherkennel.com/products-doors.php

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went with an endurance double flap and am very impressed, have had it two years and no issues whatsoever, warm as can be on the inside

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the gundog door in my heated garage as well and when it gets really cold out it freezes up. If I set up a little fan to blow warmer air towards it that helps but still a pain in the butt.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot to add the one I have in the Menards door is a Petsafe. It's been great. I do have to replace the panels this year the corners have worn some and it lets air in.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I forgot to add the one I have in the Menards door is a Petsafe. It's been great. I do have to replace the panels this year the corners have worn some and it lets air in.

Been there, done that. Those PetSafe doors start out okay, but after replacing just the flaps at $70/pr I swear I'd never do it again. Well, they wear pretty quickly and you'll replace them again in a couple of years. I cut a new hold and switched to the GundogDoor. While this one lasts long is truly is inefficient with heat and leaves a space for cold air to get in all of the time.

I like the photos above of the one from Luther Kennel. That seems to close pretty well and within the same concept as the GundogDoor brand. If I switch out garage entry doors, I might consider another switch.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
So sounds like bottom line is I'm gonna have to spend a bit more to get a nice door. Guess I'm gonna have to be ok with that ;:;boohoo

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also believe that the endura flaps are lifetime warranty, my labs bulldoze through mine back and forth and they still seal like day one

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 222
  • This month: 187
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63