dove opener!

Are you going dove huntin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love the idea of the tree out of grey PVC !!

Thanks for the ideas guys !

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I failed miserably this weekend. Found birds, they just weren't very active in my usual spots.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I failed miserably this weekend. Found birds, they just weren't very active in my usual spots.

Here I was expecting failure due to lack of practice, beer, and hot wings all summer.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I definitely forgot how hard them little bastages are to hit! I got schooled the other night! Hopefully I can figure out how to shoot before October rolls around!

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg
This is mine took about 15 min to make and about 8$ worth of materials. I just used the gray electrical pvc. Works good and brakes down small easy to carry.

If you don't mind me asking what size PVC did you use and how tall does it stand? I love the design and would like to replicate it.

Fishing Fanatic

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a blast last night. 4 of us Went out south of Mandan. Set up by 4 pm and were done with our limit by 6:30pm even with some questionable shooting at times ha!

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't mind me asking what size PVC did you use and how tall does it stand? I love the design and would like to replicate it.

I think I went with 3/4 inch it stands about 8 feet with the robo on top I just have a 6foot piece of 1/2 inch rebar I put in the ground about a foot. I tried only using a 3 footer but the robo is heavy enough that it bent over.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a bit of a surprise last weekend well hunting with the mojo tree. Caught movement out of the corner of my eye and see the bird heading for the mojo. I spin and start raising the gun when I realized it wasn't a dove but a small hawk. Not sure what type somewhere between a chicken hawk and peregrine falcon. Well the little sob was trucking a foot of the ground and at the last second he pulled up and put his wings back and slammed the spinner with everything he had! Needless to say he came away a bit confused and preceded to give the tree four vary close passes before deciding it wasn't worth it anymore. I was just disappointed I didn't get the first part on film.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone use anything smaller than 7 1/2? I've thought about it but never tried. My favorite 12ga round is the gray hulled WW AA 1 1/8oz. Good rds, not that spendy. Also fine for the first bbl early season grouse/pheasant.

Last edited:

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone noticing less doves around now? I used to see hundred of them everyday and now they disappeared. I have used 8 shot for doves in he past and doesn't seem to matter what size as long as you hit them!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doves bluewinged teal and woodducks are the pansies of the bird world! What you are seeing for doves is the standard drop in numbers. We had less then half on opening day and with the last two big fronts we are getting down to the nitty gritty. Most years the few that remain will group up one last time and with the next front she will pretty much be over.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93