DWC leaderboard

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was fun to get the bites. Been a grind so far missing money by a pound or two or three the last 5 tournies. Gov Cup was a little heartbreaking because like to do well with Dani but tossed the money fish over. In DWC we were putting ourselves in a pickle because day one threw in too many 16 inch fish. Had to quit about 30-40 minutes early. Day two we were upgrading an a inch at a time but different subject when they are over 20s. As 5575 said, the big bites were tough to find.

Pressure begins the next two weeks...

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't been to the computer in a few weeks. My wife and I came up a little short, but second isn't bad. We got 4th last year with 5 less pounds. The fish are nice. I would have never guessed that there would be so many 24 to 27 lb bags. We went out in 11th on Saturday and didn't have a fish in the boat until noon. Stressful to say the least, but I told the wife that they will come and they did. We were real close on Friday to having to quit early because of a few 15's we threw in at 10:00 when we didn't have any. Saturday was a grind and pray kind of day. We probably only boated 9 fish all day but they were the right ones. There were two on that may have been the difference but I never saw them so I will just say they were pike. Congrats to everyone who cashed a check.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talked to your brother for a bit. Never did see you. Good work. Cashing checks a couple weekends in a row can't suck.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talked to your brother for a bit. Never did see you. Good work. Cashing checks a couple weekends in a row can't suck.

No but some of the prefishing that I did over the last two weeks did. Big winds for the Cup and then flat calm and hot for DWC. Most people think that fishing for two weeks straight is easy. It really is work but fun.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
No but some of the prefishing that I did over the last two weeks did. Big winds for the Cup and then flat calm and hot for DWC. Most people think that fishing for two weeks straight is easy. It really is work but fun.

Tried to explain that to my wife when I was trying to get a rib back into place. "you were fishing for 4 days straight, now lets do a complete clean out of the house."

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member

Ha, isn't that the truth! I try explaining that too. Be different a little bit if I went to bed at night.

I too was blown away shocked at the number of 20 pound bags. That wind and the continual push of smelt to the lower end must really have turned the bite. It sounds like fish are banging everywhere. Like you, we were keeping small fish just to ensure we had five to weigh and accompany the couple 20 inch fish a day.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well because my wife was out there for 2 days she completely understands that doing it everyday from sun up to sun down sucks. She said that she didn't envy me at all. But when everything works out it is worth it. Problem is I don't know how much of those two checks is her and how much is mine.

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well because my wife was out there for 2 days she completely understands that doing it everyday from sun up to sun down sucks. She said that she didn't envy me at all. But when everything works out it is worth it. Problem is I don't know how much of those two checks is her and how much is mine.

Yeah Dani was grinding it in Gov Cup with me pregnant. So she has a taste of it too.

My check is spoken for. Cabelas Visa gets it all!

Shelby Stern

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was a very tight tourney, thought 26 lbs would have got us higher than 31st. But can't complain, great couple days of fishing.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys were right in front of us on day two. I liked that boat you had though.

skeeter, we must have missed you at the dam bar. We headed there after the weigh-ins as well. We were outside as we had the dog with us.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88