Electrc vehicles~

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We all will pay for an EV one way or another. When they go tits up, our tax dollar will bail them out. This green/climate initiative is the biggest hoax our government has ever come up with to rape billions from the tax payer. Largest price tag of all their scam, wars included.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
1679710275360.png

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Operated a Cat 992. One size smaller. It was 900 horsepower and held 385 gallons of fuel.

Did not like running that beast.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the fuel tanks for those things tend to hold enough for 12 hours at nearly full tilt with a cushion of 10-20%.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
it doesn't burn that much fuel. the post would still have impact even if it was accurate. so, not sure why folks who make these memes feel the need to exaggerate.
You mean like the over exaggeration we dealt with during the worst insurrection in American history or the pandemic that was going to wipe out humanity? You talking about that kind of exaggeration where it has real life consequences eyeroll facepalm

Bobkat

Established Member
cold kills battery powered vehicles, maybe in florida they would work but not here
In Florida it takes quite a lot of power for air conditioning! Until some genious develops some kind of battery storage we haven’t even dreamed of, electric vehicles are not practical for most of us.

Cff topic, it I sincerely wish I’d invested in battery assisted bicycles. Not saying they would be. O petition in any way with electric cars, but around here on bike trails and many roads, it’s getting rare to see regular bicycles! In a lot of places these make sense for commuting, assuming weather isn’t too bad, but in a five mile,stretch here today I counted over 100 bicycles with only 21 of these being regular bikes. These were being pedaled by all ages, all sizes and shapes of people, lots of whome you would NEVER have seen off the couch or,exercising or our of a vehicle. Go to Europe and you’ll likely see far more e-bikes in cities or rural areas, except highway type traffic, than regular autos. The two biggest e-bike manufacturers in the world are in China, Bafang and another one I don’t recall the name, and each of these are producing millions of finished e-bikes for world export PLUS several million e-bike conversion units (I have two) sent all over the world. More American manufacturer, well known brands like TREK, GISNT and others are trying to catch up mainly by buying the electrical units from China and Germany and installing them on their own soon to be outdated bikes.
I wish I had invented such a simple thing 10 years ago - musk and Gates move over!
The world is changing, lIke it or not! Lots of technical problems ahead most not even thought of yet, but let’s get going and possibly try to at least keep from falling behind so many of these forward thinking countries even if we might hate them . They love our money….till it runs out, then we won’t need any wars, but none of us really want THAT solution! Europeans are not stuck in their ways, maintaining the status quo any longer than they have to.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88