Enough!!!

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been a football fan my whole life. But I have to say after yesterday's BS I've watched my last game of the year. Thank god for hunting seasons, but I can not in good conscience watch those cry baby bastards any longer. What on earth can protesting the flag & the national anthem possibly do to help your cause. I've suffered through being a Vikings fan my whole life (all of whom stood for the national anthem yesterday) but in a case like this it's guilt by association for me, they can all kiss my ass. Hopefully those that chose to disrespect the flag & country over the past weeks/months come around but I won't hold my breath. Good riddens you disrespectful pieces of trash.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its a tough one for me to stomach after three deployments so far. As a lifelong steelers fan there was only one shining light yesterday for that team.... and then dumbass Tomlin called him out on it. Alejandro Villanueva should be the role model for the NFL, not these other douchers who have no life experience outside of playing sports. I won't stop watching football, but I may have changed my favorite team for their disrespect to the country. Never thought I'd say Jerry Jones is looking pretty good right about now.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunting is the reason I didn't play football, or become a fan... Now as an old fart I started watching for a Sunday activity, after getting tired of turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left.... But I am proud to say I had no NFL on in my house yesterday, there is plenty of college football available if I need an activity, besides hockey is just around the corner... Hope the "look at me" disease stays out of that sport or I may have to take up knitting...

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No prob man. I try and stay pretty modest.... I don't even like bringing it up cuz it draws attention that I don't feel is necessary.... but these clowns!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it wasn't for fantasy football they'd have half the following they have. Remember that.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
The NFL players make their money off the fans, ticket sales, team memorabilia stuff and personally jersey sales, endorsements and the like. All you have to do is quit feeding the bear...get it..without us..they get no paycheck, its that simple, no different than any other business, if the product doesn't sell, they go belly up. I do not own one thing in relation to the NFL, even tho, I would have interest in, is a dan marino jersey, other than I got nada, nothing and its going to stay that way. Rather spend my money on dirt track racing t shirts. I do have to say tho, even tho NASCAR kinda have a mess of their own, all the teams and their members stand outside the wall during the Anthem, enuff said, The NFL players got owned by a different sport in my opinion.

That lone Steelers player showed the rest of his team, he's the real deal on that team.

For those of you on this site that have served this country....Thank You!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard on the news that the lone Steeler's jersey sales spiked to beat all others.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard on the news that the lone Steeler's jersey sales spiked to beat all others.

Yes, but he has since come out and said that it was unintentional.

WTFE? I guess the hood's got to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Note, I was thinking of going to a game this year.

That's 6 tickets worth of cash I now have for something else!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imagine if you just shut off your TV... life has been great without it. Internet might be next.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I won't even listen to football now while fishing on sundays this winter.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imagine if you just shut off your TV... life has been great without it. Internet might be next.

Actually, I've never watched an entire football game. I sure won't start now. In my life, the only partial watchings have been super bowls.

I no longer have cable, and don't miss that one little bit either.

I do use the internet.. but only for this site..

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I did not get involved into watching pro sports until later in life. Got to the point that if church was at 11:00 on Sunday and it lasted till 2 minutes past noon to watch the Vikings I would get upset. Then as I age it was not as important (Vikings never finish it anyways).
Well last Sunday there was no sports for me and the wife and that included the Vikings and watching Carson Wentz.

Went to the Opera house on Sunday in Maddock and was that a excellent performance in my eyes by local talent.
No Monday night and no upcoming Thursday and me and the wife have made other plans for next Sunday.

You know, it's not so bad and their is life without pro sports. Was a big supporter of Kevin and Curry. Well I doubt if I will every see them play again unless they change and that is not going to happen.

There is a whole new life out there and at my age it is well past time for the new life. Some good came out of this for me and the wife but will still watch the Bison at the bar on Saturday. db

Even turn the TV to another station when cable news started reporting on this crab. Reruns of Mayberry, must of seen every one when I was a kid. The Rifleman, must of missed most of his shows.

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone in the Bismarck/Mandan area willing to put a couple of items (2-3) into a videotaped burn party?? I would hope to get as many teams represented as possible, so say which team stuff you'd be able to get rid of.

I'll hand out a cold Old Mil Light to anyone that brings 2-3 items for burning in the fire pit, with an NFL team we don't already have represented! You'll get a copy of the video, too. During the lil' ceremony a narrative will be read (about battle and loss of soldiers in various wars), and at the end the National Anthem would be played. No kneeling allowed.

What do you think??

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something tells me the NFL brass and Goodell are huddling up(pardon the pun) and looking for answers regarding potential loss of income/advertising/etc. Although the Trumpster has low approval rating(according to the highly believable media, that is), I believe the majority of the population is with him on this subject of proper respect for the flag and the national anthem.
Good! I hope they are sweating!

My crystal ball is telling me that an announcement from the NFL will happen soon.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep sponsors are dropping like flies, ratings plummeting. Their pocket book is gonna feel the burn soon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31