Enough!!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard DirecTV is offering a refund for the Sunday ticket. I am considering it, but IDK, I love football. It SHOULD be an escape from politics, and those life stresses.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
(Quote) Anyone in the Bismarck/Mandan area willing to put a couple of items (2-3) into a videotaped burn party?? I would hope to get as many teams represented as possible, so say which team stuff you'd be able to get rid of.

I'll hand out a cold Old Mil Light to anyone that brings 2-3 items for burning in the fire pit, with an NFL team we don't already have represented! You'll get a copy of the video, too. During the lil' ceremony a narrative will be read (about battle and loss of soldiers in various wars), and at the end the National Anthem would be played. No kneeling allowed.

I have some Chiefs stuff to torch.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did anyone see what Gregg Popovich said today???? Good Grief!!!!

What did he say? I'm guessing he blasted trump because I saw a video of him blasting him during the election and it suprised me because I thought he was pretty quiet in the media before that.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
“There has to be an uncomfortable element in the discourse for anything to change,” Popovich explained. “Whether it’s the LGBT movement, women’s suffrage, race, it doesn’t matter. People have to be made to feel uncomfortable, and especially white people because we’re comfortable. We still have no clue of what being born white means.”

- - - Updated - - -

[FONT=&quot]“Our country is an embarrassment to the world. This is an individual who actually thought that when people held arms during the games that they were doing it to honor the flag. That’s delusional. Absolutely delusional but what we have to live with. So you’ve got a choice, We can continue to bounce our heads off the wall with his conduct or we can decide that the institutions of our country are more important, that people are more important, that the decent America that we all thought we had and want is more important and get down to business at the grassroots level and do what we have to do.”[/FONT]

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something tells me the NFL brass and Goodell are huddling up(pardon the pun) and looking for answers regarding potential loss of income/advertising/etc. Although the Trumpster has low approval rating(according to the highly believable media, that is), I believe the majority of the population is with him on this subject of proper respect for the flag and the national anthem.
Good! I hope they are sweating!

My crystal ball is telling me that an announcement from the NFL will happen soon.

No doubt about that. For a league that tries to protect their brand so much, part of me was suprised they went the route they did but I also understand why they did it since almost the entire league felt attacked by trump and they had a lose/lose situation on their hands, not to mention the majority of the players are black. Whatever they did was going to be a gamble. What do you do, risk alienating a lot of your fan base or back the players who make you a lot of money? And you only have about a day to figure it out. Bad spot to be in but they kind of ignored taking a stance until they had to.

- - - Updated - - -

“There has to be an uncomfortable element in the discourse for anything to change,” Popovich explained. “Whether it’s the LGBT movement, women’s suffrage, race, it doesn’t matter. People have to be made to feel uncomfortable, and especially white people because we’re comfortable. We still have no clue of what being born white means.”

- - - Updated - - -

“Our country is an embarrassment to the world. This is an individual who actually thought that when people held arms during the games that they were doing it to honor the flag. That’s delusional. Absolutely delusional but what we have to live with. So you’ve got a choice, We can continue to bounce our heads off the wall with his conduct or we can decide that the institutions of our country are more important, that people are more important, that the decent America that we all thought we had and want is more important and get down to business at the grassroots level and do what we have to do.”

Yikes. I wonder if he knows he lives in Texas and not California.
Thanks for posting guy. I'm thumbs upping you by this post and not the normal way because I don't want to thumbs up his comment.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
So many things have compounded in this matter that have pissed me off. Tebow took endless guff for kneeling in prayer, and not a word. The cowboys wanted to wear a decal after the cops were killed in Texas,and again nope couldn't. Then some players had special cleats made in honor of 9/11 and were initially told they couldn't wear them at all, then said well you can wear them in warmups but must change for the game. Now that these boneheads want to kneel during the anthem the nfl wants to say well that's just free speech? That's bs. I love football but they've turned it into another political escapade, so they can do that without me. I was a huge packers fan and the final straw was the team's statement followed by rodgers asking the fans in the stands to lock arms and join in. No thanks, I'll find something more productive to do with my Sundays

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I plan to take a knee before the game and anthem to protest the NFL and sent out why I am protesting.

Redid my 2016 taxes using the new tax rates and they went up 2112 dollars.
hope I am missing something.
My beloved trump said it would be great for all of us. Db

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Crap. These idiots sure know how to suck the fun and excitement out of anticipation for a game. Packers are about the only thing left other than grandkids that the wife and I have in common, now that all the kids are gone. I guess we'll watch the game but not until after kick-off. Hope they get this shit straightened out cuz I don't like feeling like a whore.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan to take a knee before the game and anthem to protest the NFL and sent out why I am protesting.

Redid my 2016 taxes using the new tax rates and they went up 2112 dollars.
hope I am missing something.
My beloved trump said it would be great for all of us. Db

where might I find enough info to back-calculate what my taxes would have been last year?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The 12600 standard deduction as the 4050 per person exemption is gone. You now have 24000. For a family of 4 last year one would deduct 28800 off of your gross income now it is the 24000. For the tax rate on the remaining income I just call up trump's income tax rate.
they start at 12 percent up to about 9500, then 15 percent then 25 percent. Based on that my taxes would increase 2112 over what I paid. For me I only have the wife and me and loss the two 4050. But a family of 4 will lose 4 times 4050. A buddy had calculated his and his when up about 2000 in 2016. Hope there is more to this. If not trump talks fake talk.
12percent up to 9325
15 percent up to 37950 and over that tax rate is 25 percent. Help me if I am wrong db

- - - Updated - - -

And they still have the 1000/kid off of taxes and others so depending on things one could make May be 40000 and no taxes db I see the 37950 is 12 percent not 15.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope this is wrong as they still say I will pay less tax db

i see now those rates are for single. Married it is 12 percent up to 75000 and then 25 percent which makes a reduction in my 2016 taxes of 1500. Db

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope this is wrong as they still say I will pay less tax db

i see now those rates are for single. Married it is 12 percent up to 75000 and then 25 percent which makes a reduction in my 2016 taxes of 1500. Db

I wouldn't waste too much time figuring this stuff out yet as the back and forth negotiating/bickering between the Dems and Repubs is only beginning. Time will tell if anything gets accomplished anymore!;:;banghead

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll take "things that sound like a dying cat scratching a chalkboard for $200 Alex."

and only one person without their hand on their heart...weird.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope I hope I hope that enough people have a long enough attention span, to stick it to the NFL longer than half a week. this is BS. But if everybody goes back to the same-old same-old a week later, nothing will change.

Saw a pic last night of a black guy taking a knee, during the playing of Taps, at the Tomb of the Unknowns, at Arlington, VA. Makes me want to throttle the guy. To be fair, it's not known exactly why he was kneeling, but I think one can figure it out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55