EV battery material plant we sold out our minerals

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just read the article they building a plant for EV batteries plant and using our minerals for it, What a sell out our Governor is, he is not getting my vote. Don't care if its generates a 'few' jobs, it our resources going to a waste i don't care much about because I will not buy an EV vehicle, hell can't even afford one why do I want one????

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am trying to figure out the real issue here. I get it, ya don't like the EV. Neither do I.

But this is a simple transfer of a commodity from one political area of the country to another. If we can't take minerals mined in Minnetucky for processing, why should we think they need to buy our energy (coal, oil, natural gas, wind turbines, etc) from us? Shit anyways, can I even buy an F250 knowing it's made in Kentucky? I suppose I'd probably buy a ND made vehicle to satisfy my ND first mentality, but what brand would I need to purchase to replace my F250 and my 4Runner?

I have questions...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
“The acquisition of the preferred site in North Dakota is actively under negotiations. Removing the processing facilities from the Tamarack mine site in Minnesota significantly reduces land disturbance and the scope of environmental review and permitting.”

https://www.americanexperiment.org/...ery-mineral-processing-plant-in-north-dakota/

Less of an environmental review = North Dakota is easier to place to make a big sprawling mess? Or use up lots of water? Or pollute then treat lots of water?

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn’t sound efficient to haul all that raw material. Also sounds like a future superfund site! Hope our government agencies protect our resources from pollution!

Greenhorn

Honored Member
This is the first I'm hearing of this and I don't understand the frustration. Will it generate revenue and create jobs in the state? Even if EVs aren't very practical in ND right now, why would be it bad to sell product in other states, like California?

Dryfly36

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like they are trying to replace the coal jobs and put it on some former coal land.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Processing metals with acid at large scale - no chance of a gigantic environmental crap hole left for ND to clean up when this firm goes belly up - Solindra style. :sneaky:

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Processing metals with acid at large scale - no chance of a gigantic environmental crap hole left for ND to clean up when this firm goes belly up - Solindra style. :sneaky:
This sounds like all the greenies who protested DAPL or those not wanting copper and nickel mining in MN.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like they are trying to replace the coal jobs and put it on some former coal land.
No coal jobs to replace. Last year things looked bleak for coal but this year everything is changed. mine life and plant life have been extended and not going anywhere. Been hiring workforce like crazy this year, and can’t get any help. 6 figures a year isn’t as enticing as it used to be.

Founding Member
Founding Member
No coal jobs to replace. Last year things looked bleak for coal but this year everything is changed. mine life and plant life have been extended and not going anywhere. Been hiring workforce like crazy this year, and can’t get any help. 6 figures a year isn’t as enticing as it used to be.
No shit right? Blows my mind, when we only get a handful to apply. Didn't realize there were that many $50+ an hour jobs out there. Or maybe its just that there are allot of lazy ass people out there..🤷‍♂️

Greenhorn

Honored Member
No shit right? Blows my mind, when we only get a handful to apply. Didn't realize there were that many $50+ an hour jobs out there. Or maybe its just that there are allot of lazy ass people out there..🤷‍♂️
What coal mine jobs are available?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Diesel techs right now. Next spring they will be looking to hire seasonals again for the year.
We've had operations and maintenance jobs open up several times this past year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84