extreme sneak mount

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a low ceiling room and am considering mounting a deer for this room. I'm not typically a sneak mount fan but space is at a premium.

Any other forms besides McKenzie's Matt Thompson Extreme sneak I should consider?

GetImage.ashx

Also - recommended taxidermists in FM area? Loved my last taxi but don't want to drive 140 miles.

racksntails

If you haven't checked it out yet I'd put some though into pedestal mount. Did my elk that way. Not sure I'd ever put something on the wall again just looks better I think.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need to find a taxidermist and ask for the "dumpster special".

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you haven't checked it out yet I'd put some though into pedestal mount. Did my elk that way. Not sure I'd ever put something on the wall again just looks better I think.

Agreed - got one, but The Dumpster doesn’t have a lot of floor space.

6AC0BF68-9422-4D04-AD58-C90600FB7A50.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could make a really cool neat lamp becuase everyone likes a really really neat lamp.
image57761429.jpg

I'm kidding guywhoiscoolasacucumber

Last edited:

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would gladly drive two hours for a quality mount. Let's see the specimen that is getting mounted

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like the pedestal mounts as well. However, I am going to wait till the little ones are a little older to have on done.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
They even look better on the wall. I know that sound backwards, but they come off the wall and look great. Or you can put them on aforementioned pedestal.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wall or pedestal, in either case you need a spot. Wall height is a concern but so is a spot on the floor to set a pedestal. They do take up some room. Another concern with a pedestal is animals. If you even think that one day your dog may take a liking to chewing or some day might own a dog that might chew, a pedestal is going to be a concern. Just a thought.

Dubbs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a semi-sneak mount on a buck I harvested a few years ago. I was in the same position as you are but I'm glad I went with it, I love it. To me it makes the mount more personable and natural. I have all mine done at Hermans Taxidermy in Jamestown, I wouldn't go anywhere else.
FB_IMG_1467735214774.jpg

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple semi/sneak mounts. On one the chin is down a bit more than the other. I like the one with the chin down a bit so the antlers stick straight up rather than pointing back some. It doesn't matter when it's on a lower wall like I have it now, but if you ever move it to a higher wall and the antlers tip back some it's harder to see how nice they look.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a couple semi/sneak mounts. On one the chin is down a bit more than the other. I like the one with the chin down a bit so the antlers stick straight up rather than pointing back some. It doesn't matter when it's on a lower wall like I have it now, but if you ever move it to a higher wall and the antlers tip back some it's harder to see how nice they look.

yeah - that's why I like the form in the OP

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93