Fathers day gift

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had some kind of spider that needed blood to reproduce work over where the doctors did radiation last summer on Friday night while I was sleeping. Woke up Saturday morning with bad itch on left side of face had to cut off my full beard to see what was going on. Looked like a chipmunk trying to steal a tennis ball with 4 or 5 bite marks across my left cheek. Itch and swelling was getting worse so went to ER. After a round of 3 shots and an IV and CT scan and a stop at pharmacy for a`10 day supply of anti-biotics they sent me home. Swelling and itch are better this morning so I guess I will live. Wonder if those 1000 baby spiders will call on fathers day and send me a card.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: LB

Last edited:

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must have been a daddy long legs, deadliest spider in North America they say. All kidding aside, must have been a mean spider to bite that many times.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn’t they make a movie about crap like this circa 1990

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get well LB. And thanks for the ghost sensations all over my body...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I have gout in my knee, is that possible?

did some teenage style drinking this last weekend, now my knee is all buggered up.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

did some teenage style drinking this last weekend, now my knee is all buggered up.
Get a handle on that shit quick with water, diet and supplements. It pretty much killed my dad. I'm not a doctor. I believe I've pushed out of my toe twice with repetitive/painful movement with a eff you" toe pain" attitude, water and cherry extract--once incorporating higher doses of plain aspirin.

Also lay off red tomatoes for a bit in all forms. Supposedly yellows are OK.

I am not a doctor.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a handle on that shit quick with water, diet and supplements. It pretty much killed my dad. I'm not a doctor. I believe I've pushed out of my toe twice with repetitive/painful movement with a eff you" toe pain" attitude, water and cherry extract--once incorporating higher doses of plain aspirin.

Also lay off red tomatoes for a bit in all forms. Supposedly yellows are OK.

I am not a doctor.
I am 50 lbs. over weight, I mostly drink liquor when drinking, rarely beer, however in the summer beer is just a nice at the lake in the boat type of refreshment. I also have a very sedentary career that involves sitting and driving.

My diet is that of a midwestern middle aged man, and don't see that changing. On a positive note mrs johnr is healthy and fit, so she will get to handle me when shit goes even souther...

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
No such thing as a spider that needs blood to reproduce. Closest that spiders come to feeding on mammal blood is a spider in Africa that eats mosquitos which have taken blood meals from mammals. Spiders only bite people if they're pinned under you or otherwise threatened/cornered. PG is right. Your doctor is full of crap

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

I fell against the boat side with my knee on a little wave rock- now that fkr hurts to walk upstairs. I hit it so slighlty --- just to the left of the kneecap on the left knee.

WTF

or is it busch light

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yes, gout can and does show up in other joints. Knees are not as uncommon as you might think, same goes for the joints in your hands. When I first got it some years ago it was the classic big toe of the right foot. Then over the years I'd have minor flare-ups in other joints. It's been a few years now since I've had a problem with it, knock on wood...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yep, I've only had it once in the knee but it was hell. A tiny bump/twinge just like short mentioned.

Prednisone/Diclofenac combo will have you back to wrassling hogs in no time.

I agree - sometimes there's nothing like a beer. Switch to import beers (German or Belgian) and the gout issue will almost certainly go away. Stella, Spaten, etc.

Ibuprofen always made my gout worse BTW.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88