Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is happening.

Im wondering how knee pads saved your buddy from being a quadrapalegic

Last edited:

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
First Lite is amazing. Anyone else having trouble finding First Lite? I was looking for some Briefs as mine are worn out and the only place I could find them was off of First Lite's website. Used to buy off of Amazon.

First Lite got rid of their rep network and are marketing direct to the end user. Go on their website and set up an account - they send you discount codes and let you order direct now.

https://www.firstlite.com/

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is happening.

Im wondering how knee pads saved your buddy from being a quadrapalegic

Took a header on a slick hillside, didn't have time to catch himself. Went straight down on a rock with is right knee. If it weren't for the pad, he would of demolished his knee and probably ended the hunt.

The timberline pants, like most of the Sitka pants, are like wearing a comfy pair of sweats. They do come with a price tag for those who have to pay full retail for them!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
50 degrees and below a reasonable budget-minded choice is Cabela's Microtex, any warmer than that and they're too warm for me if I'm moving at all.

Mountain Hardware Piero pants were/are fantastic, alas, they've been discontinued. Hard finish, little bit of stretch, and DWR. They only came in solid colors. The gray, dark tan, and olive just look like pants, nothing fancy.

Were it not for outgrowing them, I'm certain my Filson Wool Whipcord pants would still be my favorite.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your own experiences are all that matter. Most of what everybody else says, including my self, is dog shit. What works for one doesn't always work for the other. Timberline are good. Buy em and go hunting. Make adjustments next year. Pretty tough to die of clothing failure in the badlands.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Filson whipcords as sdmf mentioned. They r love

I have yet to find a "technical fabric" pant made for hunting or hiking that's quieter or more comfortable than Whipcords, and over such a wide temp range to-boot. Being wool, they also can be worn multiple days without soaking up stink from the wearer. If there is a downside, it's that they don't dry anywhere nearly as quickly as synthetic fabrics.

I despise camo, all camo.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
dammit - now I want to try these whipcords

especially so I can snort and tell people what they are when they inevitably ask

"Oh these pants?... sniff... Whipcords. Probably out of your price range... sniff. Yep, haven't washed them since 2006. Look great don't they? Yes sir... got to get up Pretty Early in the morning to be wearing better pants than ol' guywhofishes."

Barney+Fife.jpg

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I'm a solid colors guy too.

U know what sucks? When you are sitting around a fire and an ember jumps and burns a hole in your $200 synthetic kuiu pants. That doesn't happen with whip cords

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A pair Doc Martens and a couple slim fit Lucky jeans and it’s time to go trolling for scrunt;-)

Doc martens had to have the slipperyest soles ever I ate shit on the snow so many times with them on but looked cool doing it haha

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88