favorite semi auto shotgun

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
aa-12-combat-shotgun-frag-12-automatic.jpg

or this? seems to fit almost non of your wants or needs.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always shot Brownings super well and they have been good to me, so that's where I lean. That said, I have looked at and shot a handful of others and would not be afraid of owning a Benelli or a Beretta.

- - - Updated - - -

:;:imwithstupid

Ha ha, I suppose he could buy 3 stoegers with his budget and carry 2 of them every push so he doesn't have to reload? Never mind, that's brilliant!

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone here use a beretta Urika AL391? been in the market for a new(to me) shotgun and I see one of these on bisman for $600. I like the looks of this gun, just curious as to the performance and reliability. anyone got any input? sorry juan, not trying to hijack your thread!

I bought a 2010 or so (new at Outdoorsman) couple years ago for waterfowl after shooting a Horsager loaner at skeet. Nary a misload with light loads and foolproof for duck/goose loads. Too heavy for upland imo. I did a ton of research, they are well regarded.

- - - Updated - - -

I can never get over how awkward Stoegers feel at the store when you shoulder them. It's like they are built for another race of beings.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sales Guy at Scheels in Minot was pushing the Browning Maxus last fall. Went in to buy Benelli and left not knowing what I should get. Held off last fall but want a good semi.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will have to say versamax. it is a little on the heavy side for upland but I still like how it shoulders like my trusty old 870 that I killed dozens of roosters with. Benelli m2 would be my second choice. I go with a 28 inch barrel on all my scatter guns

jokostel

Founding Member
Founding Member
+1.
I have the 3.5 in chambering of the A5. I simply shoot the humpbacks better. My eye follows the target and rib together.... and makes it a much more "fluid" shot.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone here use a beretta Urika AL391? been in the market for a new(to me) shotgun and I see one of these on bisman for $600. I like the looks of this gun, just curious as to the performance and reliability. anyone got any input? sorry juan, not trying to hijack your thread!

I love mine! Performance and reliability have been excellent.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone has told you to buy what they own.
I'm telling you to buy the one that fits YOU. If you now have a shotgun that makes you deadly, measure length of pull, drop at comb, drop at heel. Buy a semi auto with as close to those dimensions as you can find. Don't just toss it to your shoulder in the store and look down the rib. Bring a measuring tape and measure different guns in the store. The suggestion of borrowing different guns at a range is excellent. How your face/body fits the butt stock is your "rear sight".

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone has told you to buy what they own.
I'm telling you to buy the one that fits YOU. If you now have a shotgun that makes you deadly, measure length of pull, drop at comb, drop at heel. Buy a semi auto with as close to those dimensions as you can find. Don't just toss it to your shoulder in the store and look down the rib. Bring a measuring tape and measure different guns in the store. The suggestion of borrowing different guns at a range is excellent. How your face/body fits the butt stock is your "rear sight".

Beretta and Benelli include all the parts/pieces for the user to easily make those adjustments. If you can manage a philips head screwdriver and a deep 12MM socket you're golden.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Find and shoot an M2. I am really happy I bought my M2 last year. I just love it. I bought the black 20g (very light weight) almost exclusively for doves/pheasants. A swell guy on FBO let me borrow his for a week to try out. It has a very high rib with a "wide open view" that you have to see to understand/appreciate what I mean.

One advantage of being on a skeet/trap league team (even one with zero competitive drive like ours) is that you get to see/handle/shoot a lot of guns. Some feel great to one guy - the absolute worst to another.

Is there a range in Dickinson? I can't recall from 20 years ago when I lived there.

Maybe you have a local "Horsager" who has - or can get - a certain guns for you to try?

I'm currently saving for that benelli m2 20ga. Such a sweet shooting/handling gun

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm currently saving for that benelli m2 20ga. Such a sweet shooting/handling gun

Mrs. DirtyMike will even shoot my M2 12ga. The inertia system on them is amazing. A week after I bought it I won a weatherby semi auto. It's like shooting an RPG.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67