Feel That? Another Lead Ammo Ban attempt is in the wind...

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mark my words: With this report, the anti hunters are going to hit lead HARD in the near future. Next it'll be upland game, then big game, and then you won't even be able to use lead shot at the trap range because some poor sparrows will invent shot in their gizzards: http://www.fws.gov/ecological-services/highlights/01042016.html

Remember the debacle in ND a few years ago when lead was suddenly "found" in some venison that was donated to homeless shelters?? And there was a "report" that came out in MN about bald eagles that were falling out of the sky because of all the lead they ate. Funny that of all use sportsmen who are out and about so often, you seldom hear about finding dead hawks, owls or buzzards. I know I haven't.

I use steel for waterfowl (obviously) and have used it for pheasants, but I refuse to believe that eagles and raptors are dropping dead all over the place because of lead fragments in the gut pile I leave every deer season. What about the wind turbines that are apparently knocking the out of the sky faster than Tim Knapp with a triple-barrel Benelli?? Crickets, because it's "Green." BS.

What bugs me is I can't read the full report unless I spend money to access it. This brief description on the page doesn't tell me anything of interest (rate of lead deaths compared to other deaths, for example).

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that one idiot doctor defending this garbage at the other place? These folks are not ignorant. They know the hype about CO2 and lead is a lot of BS. On this issue I'm sure the Michigan situation will be used to the hilt. I'm not downplaying the seriousness of lead contaminated drinking water. How did I ever survive clinching all those sinkers with my teeth?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
"After examining multiple lines of evidence, scientists concluded that lead ammunition is the most frequent cause of lead exposure and poisoning in scavenging birds in the United States."

clever - they don't mention how prevalent lead poisoning death is - just that when it does happen it's ammunition that caused it. Ya think???

turkey vulture populations are soaring by the way

ha ha... soaring.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember that one idiot doctor defending this garbage at the other place? These folks are not ignorant. They know the hype about CO2 and lead is a lot of BS. On this issue I'm sure the Michigan situation will be used to the hilt. I'm not downplaying the seriousness of lead contaminated drinking water. How did I ever survive clinching all those sinkers with my teeth?

Ahhhhh wellll ahhhhh if you ever read some of your post you may well be a case study in lead poisoning!:;:howdy

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
When ND put a temporary halt to donated venison and asked hunters to come in and have their blood lead levels tested, my great uncle participated. He's in his late 60s and has been hunting his entire life. Eats tons of wild game.

The tech gal who gave him his results was apparently quite surprised to find his lead levels were actually much, much lower than the national average.

Obviously G&F wound up allowing donated meat again after conducting their own meat studies that found minute quantities of lead.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone remember the X-ray picture that floated around when that Cali "scientist" first started the donated venison scare. The chunks were HUGE! I told my wife that if anyone was dumb enough to actually swallow something that big after biting into it and cracking tooth, they deserved lead poisoning.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You eat farts...........Dean.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to mention the obvious plethora of pre-lead ban paint chips.

I always wondered why anybody would nibble on paint chips. I had the opportunity a lot growing up poor and all - it just never dawned on me to nibble on our house.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
"After examining multiple lines of evidence, scientists concluded that lead ammunition is the most frequent cause of lead exposure and poisoning in scavenging birds in the United States."

clever - they don't mention how prevalent lead poisoning death is - just that when it does happen it's ammunition that caused it. Ya think???

turkey vulture populations are soaring by the way

ha ha... soaring.

That's my point! So the leading cause of lead deaths (which they don't say how many there actually were) are from lead ammunition. OK...so if there were only two deaths or 10 or 20 out of the thousands and thousands that die every year...what's the big f'n deal??

And how many die from whacking into windmills and shiny new glass-lined football stadiums???

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why don't you put your finger in your own BUTT SD!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
if I had a condor as a pet I would limit its outdoor activity during hunting season - can't be too careful

2918912603_e4d73f1883_z.jpg

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found this little nugget:

A study in 2004 by Dr. Shawn Smallwood (side note: that is a seriously unfortunate last name, but I digress) spanning four years estimated that California's Altamonte Pass wind farm killed an average of 116 golden eagles annually.

That's one bird species, in one year, at one wind farm.

Just a little perspective from a right-wing nut job :::

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
BUTTs, nuggets.... this thread already has the primary ingredients necessary for glory

BTW - those that bought into my butt salt (truffle salt) discussion and ordered some - be sure to sprinkle some into your cans/jars of deluxe mixed nuts!

#funknutsfromheaven

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's patently obvious my witty, derisive retorts are wasted upon cretins who become aroused at the sight of a cat's pink gate valve and are producing more attacks. I maintain my hot body and tight booty contain acceptable levels of lead.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sorry, could you and/or Wags explain? From my ignorance it appears creepy.

- - - Updated - - -

If you guys think I'm really insulted, I'm very disappointed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49