Fireplace for ice shanty?

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think the nuway would be a reasonable alternative to keep things dry inside all day and not have the risk of CO. No mess, no lost space by having to haul wood, no work cutting wood, and better air quality. It gives you the option of being able to regulate and throttle your heat. When I've used a wood stove in a tent, I typically go from freezing to standing in the door with it open frequently. It's just a massive pain in the ass regulating heat with a tiny wood stove in a tiny space like that.

The Mr. Buddy will run a 20lb tank about 30-36 hours on low. On low it will keep a 600 cubic foot tent about 50 degrees when about -15 outside. I just take the Mr. Buddy and about 4lbs of propane moose hunting with me. Typically run the heater for about 20 minutes in the morning and maybe 15 minutes in the evening. No time lost gathering wood that I need to babysit and keep dry and instant warmth by reaching my arm out the fart sack and turning a knob in the morning. If I did more winter camping where I was looking for overnight heat, I would 100% get a nuway.
thumbnail_IMG_2891.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86