First 90 Kangaroos Released In Wyoming

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read that yesterday, that's where I got the idea to make the Ptarmigan thread.

I originally gave some thought to amending the WY Kangaroo article to have them released in ND to defend the Bighorns from mountain lions or some such.

Last edited:

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lmao now that's funny Have to change my name here to Lolly pop

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So shooting out the pouch be like shooting out pickup window? What if they cross bred with antelope? a Kangalope would be awesome.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, my buddy legitimately believed this to be true. Got a good laugh out of it! ;:;rofl

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the first time in my adult life, I didn't fall for a ridiculous April Fools Joke, however, the above comments are pretty funny.

Kangalope, or Anteroo? Either one would be fast. And wily no doubt. Would make some awesome trophies. Just hope none of them ever develop a liking for human blood. There'd be a massacre on the prairie.

Only thing worse than an egg-suckin' dog, would be a bloodthirsty Kangalope.

I'll be they're quiet and sneaky bastages too.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha, my buddy legitimately believed this to be true. Got a good laugh out of it! ;:;rofl
You would not believe the things like this that people take serious. Back in the 1980's we live trapped near waterfowl nests. As you would expect nest predators included skunks, fox, badger, etc, but it turned out a very important egg predator was the Franklin Ground Squirrel. Carrying one in a live trap a local landowner noticed. Back in the small local town the rumor that I was releasing prairie dogs that would destroy crops for miles around was already reaching a tempest. Then one day as I was out doing aerial photography I noticed a wetland burning on private land. I had no air photos of burning wetlands so we circled it twice taking pictures. The rumor traveled faster than a Cessna 172. By the time I was on the ground people believed I was planting willows by air. The guy doing the burning said he seen willows with no branches like arrows drop from the plane and drive into the ground taking root instantly and sprouting then and there before his eyes. That Kangaroo story was funny, but I can see locals in Wyoming going off the deep end. :)

I spoke too soon in the thread about the camera in the end of a bullet and ruined a funny story. I think the jig was up on this one.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read that yesterday, that's where I got the idea to make the Ptarmigan thread.

Hey now, I've actually seen a ptarmigan in the NW part of the state. By the time I figured out what it was and that it was on unposted land, I lost track of it. That was back around 1993.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33