First Fawn

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was out yesterday and the day before. Mowed about a 2 acre spot behind the house as the wife wants to hit some golf balls, but not spend the rest of the day looking for them. Went out last night to try and better drain the road ditch. Mosquitoes have been horrible. Any way. go to the end of the drainage and went to turn around and this little red guy pops up right in front of the tire as I was turning around. Sure enough it was a fawn. I have 2 cameras out to check inventory of the deer visiting the woods. No pics of fawns. Most looked pregnant yet, but there was 1 that looked like it was older and not carrying.

Looks like I will have a good year watching does and fawns again. Roughly 4 or 5 does and a couple yearlings (I recalled 1 triplets, 3 sets of twins and 2 singles last year for fawns). It looks like 6 or 7 of last years fawns are still around my place. So that racks up about 10-12 before fawning hanging out on 25 acres.

Deerwatcher

Founding Member
Founding Member
20150604_195626.jpg
found this one on June 2

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw one yesterday morning with its mamma on the way to the farm in the ditch. Little bugger could really haul a$$ already.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have seen a good amount over the last 2 week's. Lots of does that still look pregnant very fat with no little ones around.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74