Fisheries Management - NDGNF

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
[video=youtube;KwNsXCLcDtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=220&v=KwNsXCLcDtI[/video]

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was some great info actually. Is that a brother to the jensen with the tv show? They sound very similar.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope this site keeps that video up FOREVER. I'm so tired of people calling for slots when there is no evidence current practices are hurting anything. Is there a link to this?

This should be required to watch for anyone purchasing a license!

Thanks for putting up.Thumbs Up

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I hope this site keeps that video up FOREVER. I'm so tired of people calling for slots when there is no evidence current practices are hurting anything. Is there a link to this?

This should be required to watch for anyone purchasing a license!

Thanks for putting up.Thumbs Up

Definitely a hot debate topic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Many different viewpoints on this subject.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Definitely a hot debate topic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Many different viewpoints on this subject.

True, there are a lot of opinions. I'm glad the Game & Fish addressed it, and made the video. I like how they look at all the aspects of a fishery. They they used the term exploitation of a system and looked at percentages was interesting. I only wish SDGF would use this approach to Oahe.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
True, there are a lot of opinions. I'm glad the Game & Fish addressed it, and made the video. I like how they look at all the aspects of a fishery. They they used the term exploitation of a system and looked at percentages was interesting. I only wish SDGF would use this approach to Oahe.

i am no sdgfp bobo and there slot on oahe does nothing to help anything. But i will give them credit when they raised limits when the bait fish were gone was something alot of other gfps would not have had the balls to do.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am no sdgfp bobo and there slot on oahe does nothing to help anything. But i will give them credit when they raised limits when the bait fish were gone was something alot of other gfps would not have had the balls to do.

Is it still 8 fish down there? Or did they bring it back to 4?

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think overall the NDGF does an excellent job regarding fishing. I wish they would have started stocking pure strain musky a while ago, but at least they're doing some now. The one thing that drives me bonkers, and this especially happens in Minnesota, is when the politicians (arm-chair biologists) mess with G&F and DNR plans. There is a reason the real biologists went to school for 4-8 years or even longer to do their job.

What you think is happening as a layperson might not have any basis when it comes to science and what is actually happening. (Slot limits and closing seasons in ND, for example).

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
its been four for over a year now but at least they pulled the trigger when they needed to

Ok. good to know. Ive never fished the missouri/oahe south of the border. I have fished out east plenty of times.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are those in SD that blame ND for taking all the big fish out of Oahe . ��

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND/SD would both see an ERNOMOUS benefit if they just banned WI residents from fishing here.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND/SD would both see an ERNOMOUS benefit if they just banned WI residents from fishing here.

Didn't take too long for that post to show up. LOL!!! I was wondering how long it would be before something like this popped up.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It took FAR too long!! I'm dissappointed in the rest of the membership.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well u all know i disagreed with policy in the past. However once power started stocking the big lake with 4mil large have nothing more to say

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 52
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17