• 51%--75%

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • 76%--100%

Votes: 36 20.5%

• Total voters

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish alone 90 % of the time. I got the boat monitor with 050116 010.jpg so I'm not alone. I fish with people when its (happening) to give them the fun times.

Kenneth

Established Member
I generally dont like most people, so i fish alone with Butch my german shepherd mix. I enjoy it. It is fun seeing kids reel fish in however.

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish when I can/want to fish mostly with my boys but it don't bother me one bit to fish by myself

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm actually surprised a bit by the poll results. I swear I hear people say "I woulda gone fishing but have no one to go with" quite often.

Last edited:

220swift

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fish alone most of the time. My job is shift work so I have alot of time during the week to fish while others are work. At first I enjoyed camping and fishing with groups of people but now I've come to like how quiet the camp grounds and ramps are in the middle of the week.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend that refuses to go by himself. I don't get it. If it's time to go fishing, it's time to go.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm actually surprised a bit by the poll results. I swear I hear people say "I woulda gone fishing but have no one to go with" quite often.

I'm surprised also, I know most my buds never go out alone, but then again, they're not the ones on sites like this much either.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to fish alone a lot more often than lately because I used to have more time to go. I have a couple fishing buddies and a son getting old enough so I usually have company now. My solo trips are usually scouting trips where I go new places and try new things.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishing alone is like having sex alone, sometimes you just have to do it but you would much rather be with a good partner.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like its just me n the dog again today, #$%^&>

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rowdie have you ever brought any of your wrestlers out fishing, or is that not except able behavior.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
I love fishing alone and have for most of my adult life. The ole man took me fishing when I was growing up and he is probably the only person I like fishing with as much as myself. We seem to be in tune with each other for the most part. Solo trips are by far most enjoyable and relaxing. When solo there isn't the pressure of puting fish in the boat, you try new things and generally seem to do better when left to trust your own instincts.

Just seems when I take someone fishing they are losing $50 worth of cranks where no cranks should be lost, getting tangled in the motor, the worst is when you take people fishing that fish maybe once a year and they are questioning what your doing. I just wanna say "shut you friggen pie hole". Kidding. I love people. No really.

Yea I wouldn't want to fish with u

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
99% of the time I'm taking my boy plus other kids out wich I love. But then I'm not really fishing just making sure they have a good time. If I really want to fish I go by myself during the week so I usually don't have to deal with anybody. On the occasions I go out with friends it's usually get them on some fish and drink beer.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
the dog(s) were/are a blast in the boat Toby would dive over the side to try to grab a fish in his younger days same with ducks busting out of the cattails , Odin likes hanging out in the shade under the shooting deck so far I've been able to keep him in the boat 100_2427_zps631bd703.jpg100_2382_zpse714154c.jpg

onpoint!

Established Member
I miss my uncle. He'd take me in his boat or on the ice - wouldn't talk much but he'd share his knowledge about tactics or other tidbits. We'd share some laughter and have an occasional serious chat when we'd solve the world's problems. So now I go usually go fishing solo, and I'm totally ok with that. But given a choice to go alone or with a bud, I'd opt for the company (my boat/house or theirs).

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rowdie have you ever brought any of your wrestlers out fishing, or is that not except able behavior.

Only when my stepson brought a friend. Most live out of town. I'd take them though, always seems like it never works out though. The bat I use now is really small, so could only take one two at the most.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find fishing alone, and hunting alone for that matter, to be some of the most intimate and rewarding experiences.

It is just you, or you and the dogs, against nature. If you succeed, it's your success. If you fail, it's your failure -- but hopefully with knowledge gained on what to do next time in order to succeed.

A buddy can't claim a duck as theirs, or show you up with more fish. And he can't use up all the bait or wreck your gear. If it happens, it's on you and nobody else.

Then again, selfie photos with hog C&R fish are pretty difficult. If you catch a fish of a lifetime and nobody was there, did you really catch it? Plus, unloading and loading a boat solo in less than ideal conditions can be frustrating and sometimes dangerous. It's nice to have a buddy there to hold the boat while you park the rig.

I've witnessed some pretty spectacular fog-draped sunrises and glass-still waters by myself, and wished someone was there to see it, too. But there is no greater pride then zipping back to the dock with a livewell full of fish you caught yourself.

I guess I cherish both experiences. There are times and places for fishing with friends and going it alone.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with some of you that charish fishing with your best friend(4 legged sort),they never talk about stupid sheet,quiet,keep an eye of live well fish,growl if another boat gets to close and just a joy to have along.

SARGE 005.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47