Fishing and Hunting Video Equipment

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any recommendations for a video camera and multiple lapel microphones set to record hunting and fishing?

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
It really depends on how you want to do it. I did a lot of tinkering in this area a couple of years ago, and what I came up with is if you want to run your gopro on your chest, then use any lapel mic and you are pretty solid.
If you want a camera setup in a spot, and use wireless mics, the RODE system seemed to be the almost uncontested favorite:
Amazon product
Run the gorpo on loop mode. This will allow it to record non-stop, but when you hit "stop recording" it will then save the last "x" minutes. This makes editing much easier and saves on card space.

In my opinion, a GoPro Hero 7 is the sweet spot for camera. It has good stabilization, records in 4k, has loop mode, and has good audio.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run GoPro hero 11 with RODE mics seems work good, kid and his friends are really into it

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think people are understanding his query. He is looking for something that has MULTIPLE sound feeds into a single camera.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you looking for when it comes to video? Easy and versatility, or the ability to craft your shots and be bit more "artsy", but more difficult? Do you have a specific budget for gear?

As for audio that is capturing people talking, I have used this for a couple of years and have been very happy. Movo Wireless Mic. Otherwise, I use a Diety D4 Mini mic.

Gopros are great for broadly capturing everything, but i've found they make mediocre at best hunting video because you cannot zoom. They are a great secondary camera. If I could only use one camera to capture hunting and fishing it would be a Canon G50. I use a couple of different Mirrorless cameras as well, but they are more luxury than anything. A G50 covers just about everything.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member

I made this last spring going over my gear as of this past spring, maybe something in there can help. I've added a couple of lenses and a camera body since, but most has stayed the same.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you looking for when it comes to video? Easy and versatility, or the ability to craft your shots and be bit more "artsy", but more difficult? Do you have a specific budget for gear?

As for audio that is capturing people talking, I have used this for a couple of years and have been very happy. Movo Wireless Mic. Otherwise, I use a Diety D4 Mini mic.

Gopros are great for broadly capturing everything, but i've found they make mediocre at best hunting video because you cannot zoom. They are a great secondary camera. If I could only use one camera to capture hunting and fishing it would be a Canon G50. I use a couple of different Mirrorless cameras as well, but they are more luxury than anything. A G50 covers just about everything.
My kids want to make fishing YouTube videos. I got a GoPro 5 or 6 years ago and the audio stinks. I got a tripod and mic for my phone, but battery life stinks there. Thanks everyone so far for the suggestions!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
It depends if you are wanting to capture everything and keep it simple, or if you are wanting to get artistic with it.

I prefer simple. On a boat, my favorite setup is a camera on a YOLOtek pole, in the back corner of the boat. It captures everything. I use two wireless mic's, similar to the RODE linked above.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Simple is what I want. Maybe they/we get good at filming our adventures. That would be a number of years from now and we can worry about that at such time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76