fishing buddy commercial

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I the only one who heard there commercial on the radio talking about how great their site is?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yikes, advertising dorrars down teh chitter.

Surprised they can afford to advertise with all the lost revenue from visitation. Must be all the money they banked in the good old days of bickering, scantily clad women, and occasional outdoor topics. I must admit, that while I like what Vollmer has done here, I am really surprised at just how much of a ghost town FBO is nowadays.

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
It all comes down to content the more you have the more visits and hits..users want to see new posts, fresh articles and photos, without the regular posters you have very little of that besides the mods whith the 10 different avatars that they have created..and yes they do talk to themselves..lol...so right now there may be very little posting from outside visits..lol but in the end the regulars make the site and you have to treat them accordingly...Josh

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fbo was so popular for so long that management became arrogant and forgot the golden rule, dont cut off the hand that feeds ya.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
It all comes down to content the more you have the more visits and hits..users want to see new posts, fresh articles and photos, without the regular posters you have very little of that besides the mods whith the 10 different avatars that they have created..and yes they do talk to themselves..lol...so right now there may be very little posting from outside visits..lol but in the end the regulars make the site and you have to treat them accordingly...Josh

THE Josh?

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
When is this site going to quit bashing Fishingbuddy? I get the site is down in many aspects. It has changed a lot and many good people have left. What FBO created was this entire group of guys that are now on NDA. Without FBO this wouldn't be possible. I get the MOD's screwed up and things changed. Life goes on. What NDA should do is quit nitpicking and bashing fishingbuddy.com. Its has been long enough since NDA opened its "doors", so can we stop the bitching about FBO and how their ship is sinking? I never visit but maybe check on it once a day, but if it were not for that site I wouldn't have met some life long friends. So I will always have that bit of respect for it. Anyways, carryon....

Big J

Last edited:

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
When is this site going to quit bashing Fishingbuddy? I get the site is down in many aspects. It has changed a lot and many good people have left. What FBO created was this entire group of guys that are now on NDA. Without FBO this wouldn't be possible. I get the MOD's screwed up and things changed. Life goes on. What NDA should do is quit nitpicking and bashing fishingbuddy.com. Its has been long enough since NDA opened its "doors", so can we stop the bitching about FBO and how their ship is sinking? I never visit but maybe check on it once a day, but if it were not for that site I wouldn't have met some life long friends. So I will always have that bit of respect for it. Anyways, carryon....

Big J

posts don't count if you're pooping when writing them...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Big J

Well since I started the thread and only been here for a week I think I'm allowed! :;:stirthepotPluse I still actively post over there and have no problem with them. They lost me to the format change. I offered a myriad of options to upgrade that new site. Well a few have been Implemented many have not and because of that my time there has dropped by starters%. I'm the type that will post new topics just for fun and see how others view and do things. These type threads keep a site going and when you loss posters that's bad but when you loose the core group of thread startes your goose is cooked.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well since I started the thread and only been here for a week I think I'm allowed! :;:stirthepotPluse I still actively post over there and have no problem with them. They lost me to the format change. I offered a myriad of options to upgrade that new site. Well a few have been Implemented many have not and because of that my time there has dropped by starters%. I'm the type that will post new topics just for fun and see how others view and do things. These type threads keep a site going and when you loss posters that's bad but when you loose the core group of thread startes your goose is cooked.

I should have clarified Dean, this wasn't directed at you! I just have seen many different threads and just decided to speak up on this one. I know what you are saying sir!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big j please get back to being the pan man. Website psychoanalysis therapy is cool but not as cool as 100 bgills spread out on empty beer boxes...

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big J said: ;:;blahblah

Well, don't cry too hard! NDA isn't bashing FBO, the members are. If that's what they want to discuss, so be it. As per the norm, don't read it if you don't like it. Duh?

Back to the subject matter, the ad spent quite a bit of time trying to sell us on them being the next bismanonline or craigslist. Good freakin' luck FBO, it appears you'll continue to need it as you continue to steer away from your base.

Last edited:

jokostel

Founding Member
Founding Member
The format stunk, and the place was a ghost town. I stopped frequenting it a while back because I frankly didn't want to deal with the drama.
As long as folks can be civil and half ways intelligent... you got something worthwhile to come back to.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know that FBO just did a shoot for another fishingbuddy girls calendar. Wondering how them sales are going to turn out for them.

jokostel

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know that FBO just did a shoot for another fishingbuddy girls calendar. Wondering how them sales are going to turn out for them.

Going to an old folks home and snapping pictures of old ladies taking medication is wrong and unattractive.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You, had a opinion on the whole FBO pissing match and basically came up with the conclusion that those who are crying on NODAK are still the ones who cried the loudest on the FBO. They wanted people gone who didn't fit the mold. Now they come over here and complain like a heart broken sissy boy who got his heart broken cuz his ego got hurt. Grow up already rant over
Vollmer I really think these fbo bashing threads are getting old and need to be put in the political section asap
V

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big J said: ;:;blahblah

Well, don't cry too hard! NDA isn't bashing FBO, the members are. If that's what they want to discuss, so be it. As per the norm, don't read it if you don't like it. Duh?

Back to the subject matter, the ad spent quite a bit of time trying to sell us on them being the next bismanonline or craigslist. Good freakin' luck FBO, it appears you'll continue to need it as you continue to steer away from your base.

I am crying? It was more of a statement and a bit of my opinion. My apologies to you sir.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74