Fishing Plan This Year

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am purchasing a new tarp, as the heavy snow this season really put the 8 year old tarp into the end of life stage.

That is my big fishing upgrade expense this year... its things like this that make owning stuff really fun.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m going try try and learn how to use snap weights for short line trolling. Also my plan is to try are focus on catching the bigger fish in the system instead of chasing eaters all summer. Targeting crappies is also on my hit list

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m going try try and learn how to use snap weights for short line trolling. Also my plan is to try are focus on catching the bigger fish in the system instead of chasing eaters all summer. Targeting crappies is also on my hit list
They don't fight very hard and their mouths are soft. Don't use a too fast rod.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It snowed in your garage?
I both fortunately and unfortunately have 3 motorcycles, a Polaris Ranger, a jet ski, 3 bicycles, an F250, a Ford Explorer, a few generators, a collection of Yeti's that take up all the room in my garage.
I have an enclosed trailer full of fish houses etc too.

My boat has had to weather the weather for many years now, as the tarp really is the only thing taking the abuse.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I was you, I would get rid of those 2 Fords, because a guy in your shape should utilize the bikes more anyway. ...duel... Then you would have room in the garage for the boat also.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking about shrink wrapping the boat this year. Looking for recommendations. Won't be long before winter hits.
The blooms in the Hills are dealing with 80 degree temps one week and frost the next. No damn wonder Ole 'Ruff is becoming a unicorn. I'm truly starting to believe ruffed grouse are retards and imprint like salmon on one certain food source and won't adapt; such a damn shame.

That is all.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Africa giant guitars, Miami invasives, and Cabo surf roosters & cubera are in the works.
Never heard of these "guitars". Recently watched a Monster Fish episode on OC featuring a dude catching monster cubera snapper from the African west coast on jerkbaits at night. Miami invasives would be awesome especially IMO the pacu. They have turned carnivorous.

There's also a couple private lakes down there which harbor barramundi. Bill Dance did a show about this a couple years ago. "Funny" thing about this they are susceptible to winter kill like oranges.

One more cool deal IMO: I saw this on ESPN about twenty years ago: Some rich dude/chick blasted out a pit on their land about the size of Northgate Dam. When the pit was finished a twenty foot(?) wide canal was installed to facilitate a direct feed from the ocean. You can walk around that pit with the bass rod (or more) of your choice and catch a myriad on jerkbaits/jigs.

I wonder if I won the lottery I could buy a piece of Florida and do the same damn thing. If I remember correctly there was nothing special to the beach which fed it and it took a couple years to become "viable". I imagine keeping the canal clear would become a yearly chore.

If I were King of California I'd install a direct pipeline from the Salton Sea to the Pacific.

That is all.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are giant guitar fish.
6a0120a77b966b970b01b7c738d78d970b-600wi~2.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^That thing creeps me out for some reason. Wonder if it can go in fresh water like the sawfish?...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88