Fishing Plan This Year

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
They put cats in sweet briar? I could never catch anything but bullheads there anyway.
They were doing it this spring. The idea is to put a bunch of cats in there to eat the bullheads.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catfish. I've figured out the walleyes here abouts and can catch them at will. Catfish are an unknown to me in my area. As a result, I'm looking foreword to deep fried catfish nuggets and a cold coors light this year. I don't think it will be icky. (Grin)

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm fortunate to get to fish allot more than most "no complaints :giggle:". But this summer I plan on doing it allot less on the busy weekends. Plan for mama and me to attend some car shows and cruises in the 69 instead of dealing with the congestion at the local ramps Saturday and Sundays. Will just fish more weekdays and even those are getting quite busy it seems. But I do like the lake life, just wish there were a couple more months of warm weather. Hopefully get to share the boat with several guys on this site again, everyone seems to be darn good people!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm fortunate to get to fish allot more than most "no complaints :giggle:". But this summer I plan on doing it allot less on the busy weekends. Plan for mama and me to attend some car shows and cruises in the 69 instead of dealing with the congestion at the local ramps Saturday and Sundays. Will just fish more weekdays and even those are getting quite busy it seems. But I do like the lake life, just wish there were a couple more months of warm weather. Hopefully get to share the boat with several guys on this site again, everyone seems to be darn good people!
This is the #1 reason I look forward to retirement (in a couple decades).

We’ll have to go fishing one of these days.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Livescope for the first year in the boat. Garmin side imaging on the 93SV UHD when I've only ever had 7". I plan to spend a fair amount of time on water I've fished for years. They should all reveal secrets I never knew before. Can't wait!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Livescope for the first year in the boat. Garmin side imaging on the 93SV UHD when I've only ever had 7". I plan to spend a fair amount of time on water I've fished for years. They should all reveal secrets I never knew before. Can't wait!
Same here. I built mine into a shuttle so I can take it with. Looking forward to it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catfish. I've figured out the walleyes here abouts and can catch them at will. Catfish are an unknown to me in my area. As a result, I'm looking foreword to deep fried catfish nuggets and a cold coors light this year. I don't think it will be icky. (Grin)
The Tailrace ruined me from eating them from anywhere else: Like polished silver with ebony jewels. I guess the cold water keeps them below 4lbs.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to my wife ain't nutten better then catfish dipped in seasoned corn meal and deep fried. They need come out of clean cold water and any grey or yellow meat needs to be trimmed off the fillet. I will admit they suck to clean.

Unfortunally with my job, fishing and camping doesn't start until July 1st. ☹️ Hoping to get out more this year then I did last year.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
According to my wife ain't nutten better then catfish dipped in seasoned corn meal and deep fried. They need come out of clean cold water and any grey or yellow meat needs to be trimmed off the fillet. I will admit they suck to clean.

Unfortunally with my job, fishing and camping doesn't start until July 1st. ☹️ Hoping to get out more this year then I did last year.
My family also prefers catfish over walleye, crappie, perch. Of course, it needs to be cared for and cleaned properly. White meat only.....

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the #1 reason I look forward to retirement (in a couple decades).

We’ll have to go fishing one of these days.
Whats really funny Vollmer is that I'm not retired, still work full time.
And yes lets get out n fish.😊👍

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

They're as easy to fillet and skin as any other fish! I don't understand the big "mystery"!! Either secure them "belly-down" or clip off the pecs and dorsal--discard/trim belly and shave off red meat (as with All fish), soak overnight in the 'fridge in mild saltwater.

I hate the taste of fish and am squeamish about mercury.

That is all.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93