Fishing---Why is XXX species your favorite?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Oklahoma, white bass (or sand bass as we call them) are our state fish. Just like pike up here, they were in every little mud hole you could find. Nearly everyone eats them back home. I was surprised to move up here and find that nobody eats them.

We should go hammer those Whiteys on DL next spring. I'll mark it on my calendar

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I love about white bass is how they stay still to let me take hook out. Especially when running 3 treble hook stick baits.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Open water jig rap eyeballs. Shallow ice walleyes 3+ pounds.

- - - Updated - - -

And slab crappies any way.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish for bass, walleye, salmon, muskie and pike throughout the year. The season kinda determines what I'll be fishing for. If I only targeted one specie I'd burn out on fishing. Throughout the year I easily spent the most time bass fishing both smallies and largemouth. Really like spring river walleye fishing. Ice fishing for pike, not a huge fan of this but like that this is the time of year to catch a real bruiser and my son really likes to do this. Salmon from shore in the fall. Muskie a few times a year in the summer. Panfish are really the only fish I don't get real excited about.

Bass - you can catch a ton, they hit topwater and are just fun as all heck to catch.
Walleye- taste good and theres just something about that tick on your jig.
Salmon- awsome smoked and thier fight is unreal. Wish they were more accessible from shore throughout the year.
Pike- the small ones are peskie but the big ones(20 plus lbers)I put in the same catagory as muskie. Thier rare and catching one gives you a feeling of accomplishment.
Muskie- only fish that has ever made my knees get week. If I could get away from bass in the summer I'd spend a lot more time muskie fishing.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I got a red mark on this thread I see too. The comments read, "DB Alert". There is no doubt who sent that one haha. Keep it coming

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't say I have a favorite species of fish but I do like the look on my vex when a large school of perch come into my cone view. The first time I thought it was some kind of interference or my battery was going dead. It wasn't till I reeled up my line that I could see the red line follow my lure up in 30 feet of water. That's an amazing site to see and those who have seen the solid red line would agree.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I love about white bass is how they stay still to let me take hook out. Especially when running 3 treble hook stick baits.

At least you didn't get called an "effing idiot". That was hurtful.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28