Flat Earthers

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, I've made the mistake of going down a rabbit hole or two in certain comment sections of various social media sites with people debating flat earth bullshit. At the risk of offending someone on this site (since its clear a certain % of the population believes this shit), I just gotta say, WTF has this world come to?! Are there no absolute truths in this world anymore? Everything is up for debate now? And it doesn't matter how absurd the position is... you can find that position supported by some quack on the internet who speaks and debates with such confidence that they are able to command a following from a certain % of the population... regardless of how misinformed they are.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of information for those who believe in scientific evidence 😉 then again some will just believe even if one needs to cut off their own nose to spite their face comes to mind.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
All you have to do is go to an airport and to the math with flight times to blow ANY flat earth model out of the water.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
well you need to go try splain that to a flat earther. cause it just ain't that simple to them. it is mind exploding and unexplainable. frankly, i feel that way about a number of other topics to a much lesser degree. but, with most of those, i can at least understand the other side's position and why they might feel so strongly in said position. this one has no explanation at all. its worse than santi clause, the tooth witch and the good friday rabbit.

edit: say what?! please tell me shaq isn't a flat earther.

edit again: ffs.... https://people.com/sports/shaquille...eing-round-says-earth-being-flat-is-a-theory/

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, I've made the mistake of going down a rabbit hole or two in certain comment sections of various social media sites with people debating flat earth bullshit. At the risk of offending someone on this site (since its clear a certain % of the population believes this shit), I just gotta say, WTF has this world come to?! Are there no absolute truths in this world anymore? Everything is up for debate now? And it doesn't matter how absurd the position is... you can find that position supported by some quack on the internet who speaks and debates with such confidence that they are able to command a following from a certain % of the population... regardless of how misinformed they are.

Sad, but very true statement right ^^^. The internet has allowed the craziest of the crazy to find their tribe. And there's certainly safety in numbers, no matter how misplaced and unsupported their beliefs may be.

And yeah, I felt the same way when I found out Shaq was a flat-earther. He mustn't have windows on his planes.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
john, your position is one of those examples i can at least understand someone taking. i am pretty sure we could go back again anytime we wanted though. the question is "why would we?" its an extremely expensive adventure with very little beneficial scientific pay off. i've gone down that rabbit hole too. so, one could go back and forth for hours on proof that we went to the moon. but, one of the simplest websites i ever found on that topic was/is one of the first ones that pops up on a search and i always go back to it cause it explains a few of the most common anti-moon landing things and gives a few almost impossible to argue with details that support the contention we did go there.

https://www.iop.org/explore-physics/moon/how-do-we-know-we-went-to-the-moon#gref

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i thought we were going to get real fucking crazy around here. Big foot and now flat earth at least their is some semblance of normal

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
john, your position is one of those examples i can at least understand someone taking. i am pretty sure we could go back again anytime we wanted though. the question is "why would we?" its an extremely expensive adventure with very little beneficial scientific pay off. i've gone down that rabbit hole too. so, one could go back and forth for hours on proof that we went to the moon. but, one of the simplest websites i ever found on that topic was/is one of the first ones that pops up on a search and i always go back to it cause it explains a few of the most common anti-moon landing things and gives a few almost impossible to argue with details that support the contention we did go there.

https://www.iop.org/explore-physics/moon/how-do-we-know-we-went-to-the-moon#gref
https://www.dw.com/en/japan-releases-images-of-pinpoint-moon-landing/video-68086136
we can also see that those with the money and resources are going to accomplish another moon landing in the very near future.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

When the first step off the ladder was taken, and it was one small step for mankind, who was already off the space ship taking the video? The real first person on the moon?...haha
its fake, and the earth is flat, and bigfoot is actually former first lady Michelle.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
When the first step off the ladder was taken, and it was one small step for mankind, who was already off the space ship taking the video? The real first person on the moon?...haha
its fake, and the earth is flat, and bigfoot is actually former first lady Michelle.
You're referring to big Mike?? :ROFLMAO:

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have a telescopic sight and a boat, you can prove the curvature of the earth. Level the sight on a target on boat and motor the boat across a body of water. At some point the target will fall below the horizon. Simple math after that. A Babylonian with a stick determined the diameter of the earth thousands of years ago.
There was a program on a while ago that took average citizens with no background in science and walked them through difficult scientific concepts step by step using means anyone can understand.
Damn now I will have to look it up.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
No mater how big the bat is, you can't beat the STUPID out of people.

I feel sorry for my 4 grandkids (8,5 and1 year olds, and a 7 week old) growing up in this world.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im not a flat urpher but my mind is telling me something is being hidden about Antarctica. Been a few documented expeditions there and they are certainly telling a different story from what we've been told

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back at y'all:

1707274534732.png

1707274665156.png

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
They must be trolls looking for someone to ague with, nobody can be that dense and still figure out how to operate a computer or phone.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93