Flying squirrel

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe you but I'm curious to know what it tasted like ?
I'll try just about anything once, but it looked a little to rat like.

and they wanted you to not spread word of their location. What would be the problem with you doing that exactly?
They are common in the United States, but not North Dakota. I suppose they didn't want them disturbed and abandoning their site. I was going to show my grandson, but they changed east river road and I can't remember where to look now.

The above photo isn't a good representation. I don't remember white on the feat or face, and the tail was tufted at the very end. The tails not real bad on the pic.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Likely just a transient male DC. Trying his damndest to establish new tara tree.

Def no breeding pop in ND.

Translation? Your eyes and photographic evidence deceive you.....See a psychiatrist STAT (preferably after gst)

I Call and raise $20.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Article in the local paper this week about a local who was trapping squirrels caught 4 flying squirrels.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well speaking of squirrels check out this little super squirrel

To be honest I always wanted a pet squirrel or a raccoon

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
My cat Yeti boy brought one to me one tonight. First I have ever saw or heard of them around here . Anyone else ever see them in ND ?

- - - Updated - - -

flying squirrel 003.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

flying squirrel 001.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I found out my friend Chuck has done a segment on them @ PP, Sounds like Yeti Boy came in second.

http://www.prairiepublic.org/radio/...hive/natural-nd-2016-archive/flying-squirrels
Let us know if it tastes better than normal squirrel...

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
The woods up n down the red River have Lots of them.
They are nocturnal so we seldom see them.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Growing up in the Pembina hills you could kill squirrels all day long with my trusted daisy air rifle then later the 22 single shot my great gramps gave me. I would cut off the tails and would send them in to this company that would buy them for making fly lures. It was in the back of the magazine fur fish and game magazine, did anyone else do this or was I the only one.
Dad trapped for fur in the 80s and i would practice skinning on the squirrels then I would feed them to my great gramps cats.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive seen them in the rrv, they fly down at dusk. Had one in a jar in my mom's freezer dont know what ever happened to it

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a flying squirrel story that involves a large 4 of July rocket, a cardboard tube from a carpet roll, a sun room window that opens and a couple of male squirrels fighting over territory in a very tall cotton wood tree. Red squirrels can fly too if encouraged the right way. LB

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11