F'n Trespassers!!!

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may deploy the trail cams for this purpose. I also have some bear proof boxes for them. I dont think the locals are near smart enough to get into them.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a guy who puts up some sort of ADT sign or something. Some type of deal that says it has a security system or camera or whatever. He doesn't...but puts them out anyway and said it has reduced trespassers a ton.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd start trying to visit that land more often in the short term. My guess is they see you're not there very often (once every couple years by the sounds of it?) and figure it's free reign -- trespassing signs be damned. I'd make it a point to get out there every couple months minimum just to work on the place and make it look "lived in." Plus you can check your trail cams and catch those effers in the act.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buy one of those Halloween skeletons and hang it in the woods with a bunch of voodoo shit around it.;:;popcorn

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rizzo:
Grew up on a farm and when us kids got older I was not the youngest boy so I went out in the world.
In my 50s I finally got a very small piece of land to call my own. For twenty years it has been great with the enjoyment it has given.

But I can tell the same stories you have told and then some.
Neighbors are not stupid but have no respect for you, could care less about you or your ownership rights. They are only interested in satisfying their own needs and they feel good inside about taking advantage of you.

Not sure if the in-laws are with you or not. If not you may find yourself on your own and that makes it tuff, but.
But it is up to you. What's it worth to you?
You do not need to apologize for your feeling or rights. It's your land to do what you want and not the neighbor's land.

So if it is worth something to you, take control of its future. Take the action you need to get it back.
That means bitching and whatever. Sometimes that feels good inside and the silent majority will probably agree with you.
Wish you the best but you are the one that can get it back. For me it was well worth it. In time they will understand and back off until the next one decides to push on you.

Had a friend you told his neighbor to quit having his kids open gates and driving their pickups on his land while hunting deer.
They kept it up. Cenex thank him for the business as his neighbor ended up putting 8 tires on his pickups as they had holes in the tires. And the kids had them there big tires on the pickups in order to be cool. db

Out west one time and a rancher had next to his no hunting sign a grave with a lot of rocks and a big sign stating this is where the last trespasser lives. Makes one think twice about entering and trust me the neighbors will talk about it (and you need to feel that is fine).

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you put up 3 or 4 strand barb wire fence around your property along with a gate that you can padlock shut? Least then no ATV's will be on it without cutting your fence and then you have good reason to press charges. Maybe ask sheriff's department to swing through the property every now and then and ticket anyone on there that doesn't have permission in writing with your signature on it.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
wby257, its not the greatest piece of ground in the world but I can walk out my back door and into 10's of thousands of acres of public land.

Their are plenty of other ways back in there and none of which are difficult. So maybe that is what he wanted but he can go a 1/4 mile down the road and have at it. I'm not about to let someone ride their atv the entire length of my property, I don't do it myself.

There was a thread on here a while back about a rancher in Mt that wouldn;t let people cross his property to public lands that had alternate access points.......

For the record it is your land and I agree with your having the ability to control who accesses it. Others on here do not.

Many people I know now look forward to deer season ending the way they used to look forward to it opening becasue of these issues. This year was no different.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Real simple, press charges on any trespassers. Don't matter if it's your brothers best friend from high school or not. Do that a few times and I will tell you word will get around.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a job for a "covert trail cam",real time pics right to your cell phone,best reception I found is thru verizon and at&t,might even get a plate # if your lucky or a quick call to your cabin watcher.Just a thought,they work have worked great here,trespasser's and critters.

Established Member
moultrie trail cam 40I and MV1 modem you will know in minuets if you have someone there works awesome

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88