? for you hockey pucks

Who do you pick to win th Stanley Cup?

• Total voters

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
NHL Player Shot Dead After Child Falls Onto the Ice

PITTSBURGH — San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns was shot dead Wednesday night by Consol Energy Center security after he picked up a small child that had fallen over the boards and onto the rink in Pittsburgh during Game 2 of the Stanley Cups Finals. While at first it seemed the 6-foot-5, 225-pound hockey player was protecting the child, the decision was made to put him down when he began dragging the 4 year-old back and forth across the ice.
“A hockey player is a very violent animal who really doesn’t know his own strength,” said arena security director Blake Rienhold. “We did what was necessary.”
NHL.jpg

The majestic Burns, easily identifiable by his thick beard, long hair and missing teeth, was a beloved hockey player and one of only approximately 600 NHL players in the entire world.
“Obviously, it’s a huge loss to have to shoot Brent,” said NHL commissioner Gary Bettman. “But he was in a very aggressive, agitated state. This is the Stanley Cup Final, after all. We couldn’t risk him hurting the child.”
The child who fell onto the ice had been sitting in the front row with his parents and climbed up and over the glass while they were focusing on the play. Burns scooped up the child and initially seemed to be protecting it, but appeared to grow more aggressive when a Penguin approached him. The decision was then made to shoot him.

Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sharks eat penguins....

What do you call a toothless shark? Abominable Snowman!! (Pun, if you've ever seen Rudolf cartoon) Maybe Thorton and Pavelski are relying on Jones TOO MUCH? Better hope he doesn't pull a groin muscle with all that left-right movement he endures every night.

;:;popcorn

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will the Pens be able to win the cup on home ice? I say yes.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would not be surprised if the Pens wrap it up tonight. Speaking of Pavelski, he sure has been inept, only times I notice him is when he falls down, quits trying, or makes a blunder.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hoping so. Since it's so freakin' hot outside, I'm going to relax in the basement and watch the game while sitting in the recline position. Popcorn & beer, maybe? I'll just vision my final few swallows coming from Lord Stanley's Cup at the end of tonight's game!

LET'S GO PENS!;:;popcorn

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as the pens have more goals when time is up, I will be happy. But yes crazy first period for sure.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I didn't expect that outcome in last nights game. Sharks goalie won that game for them. Should be another good game Sunday. ;:;boozer

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even if the Sharks lose, the damn MVP ought to be Jones! He is getting the onslaught of Penguin pucks into his legs/torso. Damn hard to win a seven-game series when your goalie is fighting off 45 pucks per game.

After Sunday, here's the starting lineup in San Jose:

shark.jpg

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a sad note, the hockey world lost a great player yesterday. The man known as "Mr. Hockey" Gordie Howe died at the age of 88. This guy was truly a class act of a player, and man. RIP.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11