foxpro experts

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a foxpro inferno. Nice little call. Have only used it a few times and have had success with it. But living in dakotas it obviously gets windy here. The inferno is great in calm conditions but it's not too often we get dead days. It seems that it may not be as loud as I prefer in breezes? Maybe it is? Wondering if an external speaker (i think It takes one) or just bumping up a call would be better? thoughts??

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
When them stinky butt sniffers can hear my quiet mouth squeek from 300 yards and come within bow range, they can hear whatever call you have. Their hearing is uncanny.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
true but not true. Wind plays a big factor in calling. I am not a newbie in coyote hunting, just newish with electronics. Calling out to 1-200 yds is one thing but reaching out to 3-500 yds is another on a breezy day.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an inferno as well. I went and picked up one of the foxpro externals and it has done me well. I like being able to fit it all in my day pack. Thats why I didn't bump up to a bigger call. I very rarely run my call full blast now, usually I stick around a 30 on the volume and that is more than enough. Did I overpay for it because it says "foxpro"? probably, but oh well It works. One thing I will say though is the Foxpro branded batteries are awesome. Expensive, but they have been great for me.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It depends on how serious you are planning on getting into coyote hunting. If you aren't that serious, just be a fair weather caller and go when the conditions/wind speeds are right.

I have the Fury and an external speaker. I hardly ever use the external speaker unless I am in a coyote tournament and need to really fight the wind. It is more of a pain in the ass to carry around. If you want to spend the cash and upgrade, you could get the CS-24... it isn't very big and has good volume.

I will say, the average coyote hunter with the ability to go louder with the call, probably scares/educates more coyotes and ends up shooting less than if a person had less volume.

If you have wide open spaces with good visibility, volume is your friend. If you are hunting where they can sneak in or follow low spots and get close, you will blow more coyotes out because it is too loud and not natural. Good Luck, hope this helps.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son bought a vehicle and found some sort of Foxpro device under the seat, we assume it is only a controller as it is handheld and has no speaker, has TX24 on the back. Does it only need some sort of speaker or this part just a remote control?

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son bought a vehicle and found some sort of Foxpro device under the seat, we assume it is only a controller as it is handheld and has no speaker, has TX24 on the back. Does it only need some sort of speaker or this part just a remote control?

You just have the remote.

I have called in a lot of Fox and Coyotes with a FX3 and they push into the wind real good and get very loud.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
It depends on how serious you are planning on getting into coyote hunting. If you aren't that serious, just be a fair weather caller and go when the conditions/wind speeds are right.

I have the Fury and an external speaker. I hardly ever use the external speaker unless I am in a coyote tournament and need to really fight the wind. It is more of a pain in the ass to carry around. If you want to spend the cash and upgrade, you could get the CS-24... it isn't very big and has good volume.

I will say, the average coyote hunter with the ability to go louder with the call, probably scares/educates more coyotes and ends up shooting less than if a person had less volume.

If you have wide open spaces with good visibility, volume is your friend. If you are hunting where they can sneak in or follow low spots and get close, you will blow more coyotes out because it is too loud and not natural. Good Luck, hope this helps.

I consider myself in between a addict and fair weather caller. Get out as much as I can and do ok. I just know that i started with an old 416b. It was LOUD! Thanks for input. I'll look at externals or see if can find deal on an upgrade. They are rather spendy though.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Biggest thing I have found is get it off the ground. Put it on a fence post or tree and it will carry a lot better.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^ This
Just like when u cup your speaker on your phone with your hand to make it louder, it just works.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The new Foxpros are really nice, light and loud.

That said I'm still using my original Prairie Blaster I bought 7 or 8 years ago. It's been in rain, snow, mud and it always works, is loud and heavy as hell. If it ever wears out I'll get a new lightweight one.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Loud educates more coyotes than most realized!!
By January, .seems like every coyote in ND has heard the bunny blues.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Biggest thing I have found is get it off the ground. Put it on a fence post or tree and it will carry a lot better.

My brother epoxied a tripod quick connect to the bottom and runs it off a short tripod. Just 1-2 feet of the ground makes a big difference. You'll need to conceal it a bit though (brush, yucca, etc). Coyotes can pin-point that sound, and if they see some chunk of plastic on top of a tripod, they'll know somethings up.

- - - Updated - - -

Loud educates more coyotes than most realized!!
By January, .seems like every coyote in ND has heard the bunny blues.

Agreed. No mater what the terrain, you always want to do the first sequence or two pretty soft. We've blown out a few close ones because we didn't expect them to be laying in a small ditch or patch of slough grass just a few hundred yards away.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have fox pro shocks on my sled .. believe it or not if there isn't a fence I can out run them

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
tied a nice long clothesline string to my fury handle to sling it around my body while in transport and it sure doubles up nice for hanging on a branch to get it up and off the ground esp for my fav stands =single row tree belts. (Better on the batteries on those -30 windchill days too when touching the barrel of your gun feels touching dry ice.)

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member

Can you recommend at type of speaker? thanks

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone just using a bluetooth speaker and your phone?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88