Frozen Four '2021

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
UPDATE TO START TIME FOR UND/AI GAME:
UND/AI game has been moved up one hour to 7:30 CENTRAL time. Michigan has pulled out due to covid so game one of the WEST Region was not played. Thus UMD gets a free ticket to the championship game of the WEST region. Game two UND vs AI again moved up one hour. Notre Dame also pulled out due to covid. SO BC gets a free ticket to the championship in their regional.

I'm a Sioux grad so I will still refer to them as such. The Sioux will play tonight at 8:30 central time tonight. They are broadcast on ESPN 3 (no respect) which you can get on your computer if you have a provider that allows it. The game will be REBROADCAST Saturday MORNING at 6:30 am on ESPNU Midco channel 634 if you so desire to watch it then.

Saturday Nights game is on ESPNU at 5:30 central providing the Sioux kick the Yellowjackets ass Friday night. Quick turnaround!!

Side note: Remember Rocco Grimaldi? (UND 2011-2014). The little guy at 5'6'' and dripping wet at 181 pounds scores 4 goals for the Nashville Predators last night. He gets the hat trick in franchise record time of 2:34 and scores a fourth to tie a franchise record for most in a game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAeZ2OrmNw

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother and I and his college roommate have our plane tickets to Pittsburg if the SIOUX go to the Frozen Four!

ESPN is using several of their networks to broadcast the Regional Tourneys. ESPN 2, 3, U, News, etc. This is to allow each game to be played to it's conclusion (OT if necessary) and not interfere with the start of the next Regional game.

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go SIOUX!! I am also rooting big time for Bemidji State Beavers against the Sconi's. Bemidji high school is my alma mater and also attended Bemidji State for a couple years.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go SIOUX!! I am also rooting big time for Bemidji State Beavers against the Sconi's. Bemidji high school is my alma mater and also attended Bemidji State for a couple years.

Bemiji up on the sconies 2-0 after one, lovin' it!! You watching 3Roosters?

TWO teams pull out due to covid protocol. Michigan is out which lets MN Duluth advance to meet the winner of UND/AI Yellowjackets. Seems unfair to have to match up with UMD no matter who it is with UMD not having to play a game. It is what it is I guess. Advantage UMD?

Notre Dame is also out. BC advances to their regional championship agaisnt the winner of St. Cloud and BU.

So a couple of powerhouses advance to their respective regional championship games without playing. Lets play hockey.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bemidji up 2 -0 end of 1st period.
Bemidji is a dangerous scrappy team to play against..always have been. UND has had their troubles with them over the years.

Last edited:

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bemidji up 2 -0 end of 1st period.
Bemidji is a dangerous scrappy team to play against..always have been. UND has had their troubles with them over the years.

They have always played us tough as nails. You have to love the way they play. Loving that they are pushing the #1 team out of that region.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
from what I am seeing UND's Game has been moved up an hour and will start at 7:30 instead of 8:30 because the first game in Fargo wasn't played because Michigan forfeited because of COVID

Greenhorn

Honored Member
Bemidji with the upset over Wisconsin! 6-3.
UMD gets a bye since Michigan had to forfeit. If UND wins against AIC, it will be a tough matchup against Duluth. We have note done well against them in years past...

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bemidji plays good scrappy, don't give up, hockey. Always been that way. They usually don't have high draft picks each year but rather over achievers hoping to get a look from NHL scouts. Go Beavers! and Go Sioux!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
UND rips off a 4-0 lead with 2:00 to go in the first period... wowzer!!!

4-0 end of the 2nd period. AIC switched goalies after one.

UND won 5-1. Will challenge UM Duluth Sat night at 6:30. Channel 634 Midco. ESPNU.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watching' the game in San Jose!!!

IMG_2801-1.jpg

IMG_2804-1.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watching UMass/Bemidji on tv and Mankato/Quinnipiac on laptop:

IMG_2806.jpg

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is why I love college Hockey. Scott Sandelin, former Fighting Sioux hockey player and current coach of the UM Duluth Bulldogs has a son, Ryan playing for UM State Mankato. Ryan scores the game winner in overtime for his team in a big comeback as they were down 3-1 in the game against Quinipiac. What a highlight for college hockey tonight....

In the meantime looks like UND/UMD may go until midnight and end the game 1-0 in 6 overtimes.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
might be the only one.....

- - - Updated - - -

Was good to hear Ben Holden again calling another game in one of the other regionals. Sure wish he and Dave Starman were still together. Any idea why he was fired at CBS??

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84