Frozen Four '2021

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m rooting for Mankato. Great kid from Bismarck is captain on the team but unfortunately has been out with an injury.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I hope Ryan Sandelin takes down the old man in the final. I rather see Mankato win than have to listen to St Cloud or Duluth fans for another year!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope Ryan Sandelin takes down the old man in the final. I rather see Mankato win than have to listen to St Cloud or Duluth fans for another year!

I'm ambivalent. St. Cloud and UMDuluth are NCHC teams so it would be nice to keep it in the conference, but Mankato has never won it all and it's a WCHA team so it would be nice for them to have the GLORY! Plus Ryan Sandelin would have the CHAMPIONSHIP and not his dad.

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm ambivalent. St. Cloud and UMDuluth are NCHC teams so it would be nice to keep it in the conference, but Mankato has never won it all and it's a WCHA team so it would be nice for them to have the GLORY! Plus Ryan Sandelin would have the CHAMPIONSHIP and not his dad.
What’s wrong with his dad ? Duluth is a powerhouse. Going for 3rd in a row . Your just sad that Und under achieved AGAIN . 1 title in 20 years ........ heck BC has 4 in that time . Duluth 3 Denver 3 hell even the gophers have 2 . Und is a overrated hockey school . This was first time they even made the ncaa tournament since 2017

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s wrong with his dad ? Duluth is a powerhouse. Going for 3rd in a row . Your just sad that Und under achieved AGAIN . 1 title in 20 years ........ heck BC has 4 in that time . Duluth 3 Denver 3 hell even the gophers have 2 . Und is a overrated hockey school . This was first time they even made the ncaa tournament since 2017

I'll let members read this and let them decide if UND is an overrated hockey school. I do not think so but then again I am biased as an alumni.

Hockey Factories: Which NCAA program has produced the most NHL talent in the post-lockout era? Lock out was 2004 - 2005

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/hock...d-the-most-nhl-talent-in-the-post-lockout-era

UND is #4: North Dakota: 8,724
Notable Alumni: Brock Boeser, Drake Caggiula, Tyson Jost, Matt Greene, Brock Nelson, T.J. Oshie, Zach Parise, Nick Schmaltz, Drew Stafford, Jonathan Toews, Travis Zajac
North Dakota has had one of the most successful NCAA programs since the lockout year, reaching the Frozen Four eight times in that span. Their 2016 Championship team was led by Brock Boeser, Drake Caggiula and Nick Schmaltz, who combined for 157 points that season. Their ability to develop top NHL talent does go back further, though, as T.J. Oshie, Zach Parise and Jonathan Toews all came from the school, as well.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 12.00.04 PM.jpg

ps: Both Brad Berry (coach for UND) and Scott Sandelin (coach for UMD) played for UND and were roommates
while at UND. I think that they played together in the pro's for a while also.

pps: UND has a winning
record against every D-1 school except U of Minnesota and U of Wisconsin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_Fighting_Hawks_men%27s_ice_hockey

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ryan Sandelin and Mankato go to Frozen Four and his Dad and UMD also go. If they play each other it would be for the Championship!

If that happens can they hug after the game or do they have to remain socially distant?

Not a slight on either team but the NCAA:

Crying doggone shame that after almost 8 periods of hockey in 1 game, the teams can't line up and shake hands. ~150min on the ice beating on each-other, like they'd already swapped all the germs that could be swapped. There were some gestures of respect made @ the end but it's not what it could have or should have been.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Geez someone is butthurt today......

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting back to the OP, I feel bad for the seniors who came back to try to win it, even tho several of them had pro teams waiting for them.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Hate"? I obviously am a UND alum and usually root against NDSU except in championship games but I can't say that I "hate" a bunch of college kids playing sports.

Getting back to the OP, I feel bad for the seniors who came back to try to win it, even tho several of them had pro teams waiting for them.

Brad Berry said that this is only the second time in UND hockey program history that the freshman class of players came and ALL players played ALL four years of eligibility. Johnathan Toews only played 1 year and then went to Chicago and was selected as team captain as a rookie. It doesn't take much imagination to see what he would have added to the team for 3 more years. If UND could keep their players for 4 years they could field incredible teams.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84