Fuzzy Wuzzy was a?????????????????????

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
PIG!!!!!!!!!!;:;rofl
Kinda throws a new twist to the ferall hog issue since they are free roaming pasture pigs.;:;popcorn

http://www.bismanonline.com/sawyer_nd/wooly_sheep_piglets_mangalitsa_for_sale

o_95a544deec379170a6218b90fce7d415.jpg

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since we all know a liberal will do a snake if you hold it for them I'm kind of thinking it looks like a liberal pig from Montanbaaaaa. No offence I like Montana, but my sense of humor often gets me in trouble.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I opened up Bisman this morning and saw this on the front page before I had my first cup of coffee down it ruined my whole day, Still have not been able to wrap my brain around this.:;:help

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a pig... Reminds me of Kids in the Hall "Chicken Lady"

"It's a chicken, but it's a lady... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE."

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad we live town, I would take the whole litter. Amish in Ohio raise these and other heritage breeds and get a pretty penny for them, the meat from these pigs blows the stuff at the store out of the water. Would be fun to see the look on the guy's face at the slaughter house as they come in.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad we live town, I would take the whole litter. Amish in Ohio raise these and other heritage breeds and get a pretty penny for them, the meat from these pigs blows the stuff at the store out of the water. Would be fun to see the look on the guy's face at the slaughter house as they come in.

That's what the sellers own web site claims as well.

http://www.bluestoneranch.com/animals/

The Mangalitsa Pig

Mangalitsa pigs are a unique lard-type breed which originated in Hungary. Its name means “hog with a lot of lard” and is pronounced mahn-ga-leets-ah. They have a curly coat which resembles a sheep. Raising a Mangalitsa pig can cost three times as much as a regular pig. It takes 15 months to raise one to market weight, compared to five months for conventional pigs. Mangalitsa pigs have more unsaturated fat (versus high levels of saturated fat) than commercially bred meat-type pigs.When cooked, Mangalitsa pork is exceptionally, juicy, tender, and marbled. Chefs rave about the meat and lard’s versatility—the lard can be whipped, and chefs don’t need to dress up the meat’s flavor with excess salt or spices. When cured, Mangalitsa meat makes unsurpassed hams, charcuterie, and salamis, due to the high monounsaturated fat content (versus high polyunsaturated fat in commercially produced pork).

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 11
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5