garden shed questions

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking of putting up a basic garden shed for storage in my backyard. Does anyone in the Bis-Man-Lincoln area know at what threshold does putting a shed on your property qualify as an "improvement" Was thinking of pouring a slab for it but if keeping it on wood blocks keeps me from paying even more in taxes I'm all for it. Havent been down to pull a permit yet just want to gain any insight beforehand.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Better check with the city. You may be surprised. I live in the county south of town. Thought I read something about 12 inch footings for sheds. Not positive about that.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
there will be a certain size at which you need a permit. I think 10x12 and smaller you don't

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the replies. yeah I want to avoid as much b.s. as I can as far as cost and what may end up getting me another 12k assessment hike again next year. I'll check with the city and find out size restriction. I read online that a lot of citys and countys have a code that if the structure isn't secured to concrete footings it must be fastened to the ground by some sort of anchoring system. anyone have any experience with the Rubbermaid sheds they sell at the hardware stores?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74