Garmin

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if one has a old Garmin 9" 93sv and i get a new one --- it looks like i can network them (i looked at the specs and it said yes).

My thought would be put the new tranducer (much better then the old) at the stern (remove my old one). I dont want to use the the new ducer on the trolling motor (terrova). On the stern run the ducer wire up to the bow then network back to steering wheel old 9". Meanwhile - i have a little hummin on the bow hooked up to trolling motor and 9" older non chirp bird at the steering wheel. The bird has not bothered the garmin.

My Qs --- with networking ------ Lets say the new one is on 2d ---- can i push the button on the old one for side vision or map.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, they can still run independently on their own screens. I have the new one and the old one, networked through a hub and run one on LS and one on mapping.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Non UHD Garmin units will not talk to UHD transducers. I have no actual experience with it, but that was coming from Garmin a few years ago. My guess would be that you can network them and the mapping would sync with each other, but your non UHD head unit wont talk with the new UHD transducer. The older transducer will work with both, but that is against your plan.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84