Give your pups a hug

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have Remy and you in my thoughts and prayers.

My yellow Lab Max is pulling for him too.

If you need to talk, yell, scream please call me. I know how you're feeling and what it's like to be helpless when your buddy is in pain and needs help from someone else.

PM'd you my number.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the lighter side. My GSP ate something that apparently didn't want to come out, or at least was painful to pass, as he was in his dookie haunch and would stop and turn, growl, and try to get whatever he thought was kicking his ass. This went on for about 10 minutes until he finally crapped out the blockage causing him such distress.
It is funny now thinking back on it, and then after he finally passed it, but was worrisome when the process was going on.

Hope all ends up well for you both.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you hear anything yet?

They sliced him open, removed two picked of plastic that likely would have passed on their own had it not been for the wad of string in between, then buttoned him up. He gets to spend another night at the vet, and I get to start piling up hunting, shooting and fishing equipment for a yard sale to help pay for our mountainous vet bill.

He better get bred soon. I need to recoup some of my losses. Stat.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They sliced him open, removed two picked of plastic that likely would have passed on their own had it not been for the wad of string in between, then buttoned him up. He gets to spend another night at the vet, and I get to start piling up hunting, shooting and fishing equipment for a yard sale to help pay for our mountainous vet bill.

Glad to hear Remy is doing well and will be home tomorrow.

Send me your address Max and I would be happy to send a few bucks to help Remy out.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to hear Remy is doing well and will be home tomorrow.

Send me your address Max and I would be happy to send a few bucks to help Remy out.

You're very generous. I'm not hard up on cash. We can afford it. Just a very unexpected expense.

But thank much for the offer.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_2214.jpg

Dude is recovering. Will get an update in the a.m. This titled and pedigreed SOB better start gettin laid and paying his way. A few stud fees should square this little episode.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member

Glad to hear everything at least recovery mode. We've had a couple scares with Sadie our lab on bladder problems in the past but no surgeries and then she got into poison this fall which was not a fun few minutes to get her to puke it out.
Vet bills suck, children hospital bills suck and mostly because we have no control on timing. In the end we are all family people and our dogs are family members first,at least our lab is, and hunting or working dogs is more of a hobby and just someone to enjoy time and outdoors with.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
OH the cone of shame. My dogs just hated those things. Glad to hear you found the problem and he is on the road of recovery.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_2218.jpg

The update is he and slick Blitz get to spend a couple weeks as office guard dogs. Should only take 10-14 days to fully heal. Sounds like roosters still have a reason to shake in their spurs!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'll bet Remy is glad to be home with Blitz and you again.

Give him a pat for me.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hows Remy doing, have you guys been out bird hunting yet?

He's right as rain! Back to his old self. We have plans to hit the rooster grounds on Sunday. It's gonna be way too cold for a long hunt, but I have some small cover we're going to try that shouldn't result in any frostbite. They get to ride in the backseat where's it nice and warm, too. Gotta keep my boys comfy so they're in proper bird-destroy mode.

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a bus route driver, what saddens my day as much as anything is when some kids get off the bus at night and totally ignore their dogs as they walk to the house. Sheesh, why have a dog if you cant love on it a little each day? Every chance I get I let dogs come on my bus just for a good pet down. And for those kids who do love on their dogs when they get home, makes me feel good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55