Giving Hearts Day!

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Giving Hearts Day is the most generous day of the year. When we first launched the online drive in 2008, our region’s generous donors offered up $325,000. The day makes space for charities to share their stories, connect with new givers and become skillful in a proven ‘friend raising’ system. It has become a gateway for people to connect to causes doing good work in areas they passionately care about.

Giving Hearts Day 2017 will be Thursday, February 9.
It is co-hosted by Dakota Medical Foundation, Impact Foundation and Alex Stern Family Foundation.

The foundation that I am apart of is the Brady Oberg Legacy Foundation. Most of you hopefully saw the post about the all inclusive Alaska Fishing Trip where we are sending 4 (now pushing maybe to 6) Veterans in June 2017. All of this is possible from donations from the public. Donations of $10 or more are used for our operating which outside of website maintenance goes back directly to our plans and goals. We’re actively promoting combat PTSD awareness through a golf event in Fertile, MN, booth at the Red Hawks Veteran’s Night, teamed up with the Defender Dash, a few radio spots, TV appearances, and presentations to area organizations.

In 2017 we are planning the Alaska Fishing Trip, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] annual Veteran Retreat (Labor Day Event), 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] annual Brady Oberg Legacy Foundation Golf Event, sponsoring WDAY honor flight, and partnering with TNT Fitness in the design of a new program for Veterans with PTDS and physical fitness training. Also, Dakota Medical Foundation will be matching our donations up to $4,000.

There are many great organizations that people can donate. They all deserve your support. If everyone who views this post donated $10 to a charity of their choice on giving hearts day these charities will be able to continue to provide support to their cause.

Please consider a donation of $10 or more to a charity at www.impactgiveback.org today.

Thank you,

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take it you have a kid at Northern plains as well

No, just giving Downrigger a bump... and being a smartass. we get bombarded with the annual Giving Hearts Day campaign here in Fargo, on the radio, at work, on TV... I participate but every year I can't wait for the campaign to be over. The "go matchy matchy" theme this year is gay. I don't mean it in a derogatory way, I mean it's gay as in "a couple of effeminate dudes came up with this marketing theme"

Anyway, here's hoping the Brady Oberg Legacy Foundation does well with this year's campaign. Best luck, Downrigger.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI- Brady Oberg Legacy fund is under "DMF - Brady Oberg..." when listed alphabetically on the site.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the Bump. We are having a great start to the day but still a long ways from reaching our goal! Remember everyone, it is $16.00 per bird for our Vets to shoot at our annual Labor Day Event so that's a good donation amount!

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Giving this a bump. Hard to get anything done at work today with GHD going on.

Thanks for the support.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday was a big day for us. I want to Thank everyone who donated and viewed our website and materials. I will be sure to update the forum on future opportunities from the Brady Oberg Legacy Foundation.

Thank you!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yesterday was a big day for us. I want to Thank everyone who donated and viewed our website and materials. I will be sure to update the forum on future opportunities from the Brady Oberg Legacy Foundation.

Thank you!

PM'd you

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37