Good deck sealer?

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just moved into a new home in December and the prior owner had replaced all the decking about a year and a half ago. I think its ready for a good deck sealer this spring. We aren't going to stain it. We like the original look. What are some good, quality deck sealer brands? Willing to pay a bit more for a quality sealer that hopefully I can get a few years out of until we have to do it again. Any ideas or tips appreciated.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sherwin Williams now has a line called SuperDeck. Always follow instructions and make sure to ask for discount. They will have sales soon.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get one that's around 20-25 years old, 5'10" tall, good looking, big boobs, and small butt, and is good with a brush! ;:;rofl :;:sorry couldn't help myself. ;:;boozer:;:smokin

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have any input on a good sealer. But don't pressure wash the deck to clean in prior to sealing it unless u want to let to sit for a month to dry out.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get one that's around 20-25 years old, 5'10" tall, good looking, big boobs, and small butt, and is good with a brush! ;:;rofl :;:sorry couldn't help myself. ;:;boozer:;:smokin

I'm short, fat, bald, old, and married......thus, planning on doing it myself ;:;boozer

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I am 3 of the 4 things you list Brad, and I would gladly take tikka's advice.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg Figured I would throw this out there. Best stuff I have found hands-down but understand you want to just Seal it. You can get a very light colored stain that will protect and seal and not darken the wood much. If you go that route TWP stuff is really hard to beat

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
pumpkins.jpg Figured I would throw this out there. Best stuff I have found hands-down but understand you want to just Seal it. You can get a very light colored stain that will protect and seal and not darken the wood much. If you go that route TWP stuff is really hard to beat

Did a little more research after original post and noticed TWP gets good reviews as well. Also agree I may need to do more than just seal and get a very light colored stain to help protect against UV. Never had a wood deck before so it's all new to me.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duck Back makes some awesome deck stain/seal products as well. Penofin is another great one

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sherwin Williams now owns Duckback and is using their technology in the super line. There are lots of good products. No miracles. Following instructions with deck products is a must. If it says one coat then that is it. Film buildup of deckstains is the devil.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have steel siding on my house and the color has faded over time. I know my dad had applied something to the steel siding that helped but it didnt last long. Im not sure what he used. Any recommendations on what works on steel siding?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have steel siding on my house and the color has faded over time. I know my dad had applied something to the steel siding that helped but it didnt last long. Im not sure what he used. Any recommendations on what works on steel siding?

Most likely he used a cleaner for steel siding. Menards has cleaners. Normally you can attach a hose to the containers and spray away. The siding oxidizes and the cleaner helps remove it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33