Governors Cup 2016

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
That weather was brutal. We found a couple really nice fish the last hr of day 1 and were excited to try and make a move into the money on day 2. We had 8.15 pounds on 3 fish at the end of day one. Caught 5, 17" fish in the first hour on day two, but between the tornado reported in Douglas Bay and the amount of lightning and standing water in my boat we called it a day. That storm was nuts and don't regret the decision to load the boat. I heard Garrison got 2" of rain in less than 40 minutes. Not sure if that's accurate, sure felt like it. Congrats to those that stayed out.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice work plain skeeter. Didn't know if you were fishing the cup or not.

Thanks Dirty Mike. We worked our _____ off and managed to grind out a few nice fish. Let me know if there is still a unofficial meeting at Beulah Bay. I will try to make it.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Dirty Mike. We worked our _____ off and managed to grind out a few nice fish. Let me know if there is still a unofficial meeting at Beulah Bay. I will try to make it.

I swiped another day off of work so I will be up tuesday night. I was looking around my boat to make a mental checklist of what to pack in the pickup. At this point, I might just pull the damn thing up with me. I'm not entirely sure how I accumulated so much stuff.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I swiped another day off of work so I will be up tuesday night. I was looking around my boat to make a mental checklist of what to pack in the pickup. At this point, I might just pull the damn thing up with me. I'm not entirely sure how I accumulated so much stuff.

Sometimes when I enter my man cave and look over all the fishing stuff, boats, tackle, electronics, time spent, etc. I see a calculator counting up $$$ so fast smoke is rolling out of the top.

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tornado at Douglas Bay? My wife and I were there and fished the entire time. We were next to cut bank so wasn't that concerned. It hardly blew but the rain. Oh the rain! In 30-45 minutes it rained probably 2 inches or more. Lightning was pretty civil.

We made terrible decisions day two. I felt not an issue getting limit of 18s. And if needed emergency 17s could get them. During the monsoon the fishing was nuts. Threw back about 3 or 4 sixteen inch fish. A couple 15s and bunch of dinks. Had a 19.75 in well and thought things were going to start up like we expected. But as rain quit it was like a switch. The graph emptied. Pretty sure they swam straight out over open water as they never went deeper or shallower.

Went to crank spot but baited a little point on the spot first. Wouldn't take bait so put cranks down and pulled a 23. Thought this was finally going to be our turn to pull miracle bag with 1.5 hours to go. But instead we kept driving over marks with no takers. A guy pulled in and out bait down and bam, bam, bam. I put bait back on but just a 14 incher. So tossed it in. Went back to our first spot and fish started to show back up on graph. 20 minutes to go. First past we had THREE fish come unbuttoned. Had to settle for four fish weighing 8.49 pounds shoving us out of money.

Relearned my lesson. Get the damn 5 in the well if you have them in your hands. Two 16's give us an extra 2 pounds good for 29th place and nice check.

Oh well, stories and memories I guess.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Tornado in Douglas Bay? We never seen one, lots of low lying clouds. Had heavy rains and some lighting. Our most active bite was during the storm and heavy rain. Lots of 14-17in fish for that hour. About an hour after the storm the fish just died off. At that time we had about 9lbs in the well and moved to another spot and tried getting an upgrade the last 1.5 hours with no luck. Day 1 weight was 11.95 and Day 2 was 8.95, total 20.9 and placed 30th and cashed a check. Couldn't get any fish over 20" on both days. But prefishing we had a 26, 22, 21, and a few 20". But oh well that's fishing and not catching.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a newb to this tourney talk. How high do you have to place to be in the money in this tournament?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88