Great Plains Mapping

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered a chip for Sakakawea. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but looks to be a good product with elevations to flood stage"1854"
Anyone try it yet?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
$90 right? I haven't. Sak is mapped pretty well on Navionics imo except on high water years. Curious what the contour mapping is like on the GPM. 1' intervals? 2'? 5'?

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using jacks card since this winter. It has 2' contours and is a really nice chip. The contours are based on the normal pool of sak at 1837. It then will show the shoreline and some contours up to 1854. There is a lot of information on his chip that isn't on other map cards. I also have Audubon on it and have found it to be very accurate. My navionics chip left a lot to be desired on Audubon.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been using jacks card since this winter. It has 2' contours and is a really nice chip. The contours are based on the normal pool of sak at 1837. It then will show the shoreline and some contours up to 1854. There is a lot of information on his chip that isn't on other map cards. I also have Audubon on it and have found it to be very accurate. My navionics chip left a lot to be desired on Audubon.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plugged into my HDS 9 and wow, allot of info there. Haven't figured out a way to get it to share with my other networked units or does it not share? Either way I can keep on my main unit and use the added detail. Cant wait to get it out on the water

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe The only way to get Audubon is to buy the Sak chip. Agree this chip has great detail for Audubon too. At least as good as lowrance insight and that's really good on Audubon

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only have the Sak chip. It's very detailed and like it for that lake. For Devils I just use my insight genesis map which is not showing details on DL in some bays with water less than 10 feet.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the great plains card for DL, just haven't used it yet. I was planning on doing some screenshot comparisons but didn't have time yet. If you want a quick sample just give lat and lon of an area and I could snap a pic.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey we're can a guy get one of these chip for lorance? It seam like greatplainsmapping.com is under construction

scoop

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like it would be very helpful for Devils.

Does anyone run these chips for Devils?
http://www.legendcartography.com/devils-lake.html

I'd like to get one of them, but trying to decide which would be better.

This legend mapping looks nice. Been using doctor sonars chip but miss the 1 foot contours of my old lakemaster. To have both the arial photos and 1 ft. contours on the screen would be nice. Has anyone used this? How did it work?

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is too bad. Jack was a great guy and he will surely be missed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77