Great Rockies Sport Show in Billings

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Great Rockies Sport Show is in Billings the middle of January. Has anyone ever been there? I've heard it's a really good show. I'm looking for a new bow and I've heard that many of the bow manufacturers are there and you can test products. Can anyone confirm that? I'd like to shoot a variety of bows in one area then buy one locally without having to run around to a bunch of different shops.

antelopeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in Billings and been going there for several years. The show is made up mainly of Canadian, Alaskan and Africa outfitters for fishing and hunting trips. There also are lots of boats and campers.
There are no archery vendors there. Follow there web page sometimes they have some good speakers or demonstrations. If you want though there is a new big Scheels, Cabelas and a good local archery shop. They will all let you try out there bows in there indoor ranges.
Schools has hoyt and mathews and a few other brands. Superior archery has Mathews Hoyt bowteck.
The guys at these shops all seem to know there stuff. I have them all work on my bows. The new Scheels store is as big as Fargo and you pay no sales tax in Montana. any questions email me

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the response. I'm pretty interested in Prime Archery and I see Superior is a dealer for them as well. Along with Prime, Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech, I'd like to try Elite and Expedition Archery and just see what fits and what feels good. I was kind of hoping to try a bunch from the manufacturers in one spot then shop locally so you have the local service aspect. I hate when people go try a shops demo stuff and then order from someone else. Sounds like a decent show anyway so a trip to Billings might be in order come January.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33