Happy summer all!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
WAY TO GO RAIDER!! You just jinxed us into getting a March blizzard!!!!! Old man winter LOVES to wait and lull everyone into thinking spring is here and then WHAMO, 2 feet of white and another months worth of sessions at the therapist.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
WAY TO GO RAIDER!! You just jinxed us into getting a March blizzard!!!!! Old man winter LOVES to wait and lull everyone into thinking spring is here and then WHAMO, 2 feet of white and another months worth of sessions at the therapist.

haha, ya that's my plan... we need the moisture badly out west... my hope is that this warm weather will thaw out the ground so the moisture will run in and not off...

and, i celebrate weekends like this whenever they show up... :D

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it is safe to call it. The January thaw is going on 6 weeks in the western half of the state. Starting this week, the nights will stay above freezing.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hazelton was crazy today. 75 in Bismarck. Supposedly the docks go in tomorrow.

No frost in the ground in my garden.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just because we get a snow storm doesn't mean it's not spring. Hell when most days in the forecast are 60's and 70's I'm pretty sure we can officially call it spring. According to the meteorologists spring started last Tuesday.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spring starts March 20th. Google it.

However I declared that spring started today. Close enough for me.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to meteorologist it doesn't Google it! As far as weather goes spring starts march 1.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carried the garbage out this morning in a short sleeve shirt, 50 degrees out already :;:rockitwith a high of 70. Sweet!!! Only down fall of the day is I have a dentist appointment at 8:30 for a bad tooth.;:;banghead But took the day off so that will be awesome!!:;:cheers ;:;boozer

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha, ya that's my plan... we need the moisture badly out west... my hope is that this warm weather will thaw out the ground so the moisture will run in and not off...

and, i celebrate weekends like this whenever they show up... :D

There is pretty much zero frost in the ground at the sites I monitor, Williston, Bismarck, etc. And yep, take a look at what the NWS is hinting is in store for the middle to end of next week. That's still a fair ways out and things can change, but they are certainly talking about a change in the weather.

And I agree, we can use a little moisture across pretty much the whole state right now.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was another great spring day!!:;:rockit Bad part was my bad tooth turned out to be a $1250.00 crown. :mad:;:;banghead

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was another great spring day!!:;:rockit Bad part was my bad tooth turned out to be a $1250.00 crown. :mad:;:;banghead

congrats on being past that...

fwiw, i got a rusty old pliers and a 1/2 gallon for the next 1...

have a great weekend...

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Certainly was summer in Phoenix and Las Vegas the last 12 days. Temps in the high 80's in Phoenix and lots of skin on the "Strip" in Vegas. Spring break has started!!! (Unfortunately no pics from the strip or from the hotel pool.) Here's the pirate ship from Treasure Island:
IMG_0430.jpg

It's not true what has been reported - Elvis has not left the building:
IMG_0432.jpg
We went to see the 2015 top rated Las Vegas Elvis impersonator, Travis Allen. Great show, great voice, looks like a young Elvis and you can take all the pics/vids you want during the show. After the show he poses for free pics if you want to wait in line.

Stayed in the Flamingo Hotel facing the "Strip." Here was our view of Caesar's Palace from our room on the 10th floor:
P3111060.jpg

Now we just wait until "ice out" on Metigoshe so we can head back to ND.

Steve.

ps: The SIOUX won tonight 7-1, so tomorrow they can clinch first cede in the Frozen Face-off next weekend! Go SIOUX!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33