Hazelton Boat Ramp Status?

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Does anyone know the status of the Hazelton boat ramp and water level there?

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A friend went down there on Nov 29 and said it was iced in. Have to believe it's solid ice but haven't been there myself in a couple weeks. Marinas around Bismarck are a solid 4 inches as of Dec 1. It's 100 yards of shallow slack water from the hazleton ramp to the channel so just don't see how it would still be open.

We need to get on the Corps. If the USACE can build aqueducts to carry the Maple and Sheyenne over a 25' deep channel then surely they can keep our boats on the Missouri into December.

But seriously, the Corps does much better with Hazelton than Morton county does with Ft Rice. That's always one of the last docks in and first out, and now they want to spend a bunch of money building a new ramp in Mandan. Hopefully that will be kept more accessible since it's in town. Kudos to Bismarck for keeping the dock in at Fox.

Last edited:

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
A friend went down there on Nov 29 and said it was iced in. Have to believe it's solid ice but haven't been there myself in a couple weeks. Marinas around Bismarck are a solid 4 inches as of Dec 1. It's 100 yards of shallow slack water from the hazleton ramp to the channel so just don't see how it would still be open.

We need to get on the Corps. If the USACE can build aqueducts to carry the Maple and Sheyenne over a 25' deep channel then surely they can keep our boats on the Missouri into December.

But seriously, the Corps does much better with Hazelton than Morton county does with Ft Rice. That's always one of the last docks in and first out, and now they want to spend a bunch of money building a new ramp in Mandan. Hopefully that will be kept more accessible since it's in town. Kudos to Bismarck for keeping the dock in at Fox.
Thanks for the info!

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rifle range ramp is ice free (obviously due to current) as of yesterday @ 3pm....8 or 10 rigs in.
Rifle range Bismarck side has been out of commision for few years what has changed?

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove down to Hazelton for a peek last week cause I heard it was iced in but had to see it to believe it. It was indeed. And not just a little bit. I have since used the ramps at Sugarloaf and the Rifle Range without any issues.

YCbtx

Yes...was on Bismarck side. Most of parking lot is fenced off...but still some parking. Using the same old ramp.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88