Health Insurance

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I consider the VA my primary doctor when i am ask that question. There service in Devils Lake has been outstanding as has Fargo. Far better than what i got from local hospital and clinics. Happy to recommend them. But if by VA one means the actual service there is a chance you will not make it. War is hell.

Got letter stating my new SS check. Medica care cost is now $174.40, and drug is $41. I assume that was some kind of increase but the increase in the check covers it and some as that is up $91. Wife's papers should come next week. db

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services or Medicare.
So this is an additional thing Medicare is paying for above and beyond normal A&B? Medicare is essentially insolvent and politicians decided they would give all kinds of additional coverage for free funding from a broke program? Doesn’t make a damn bit of sense.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
...popcorn...I can't scroll fast enough hoping for the one post where you all agree so I know what to do when I am so old I can't work anymore

Jim Simmers

Established Member
So this is an additional thing Medicare is paying for above and beyond normal A&B? Medicare is essentially insolvent and politicians decided they would give all kinds of additional coverage for free funding from a broke program? Doesn’t make a damn bit of sense.
Nope, Medicare is taking monies already paid in and paying a portion of it to insurance companies and keeping a % of it for administrative costs and what they must cover like end stage renal and hospice.
So, let’s say out of all the Medicare money you paid in all your working years plus the part B premium you pay every month. When a member of Medicare enrolls in a Medicare Advantage plan, say 80% of the money on a per member per month basis is paid to the insurance company. Then out of that money, say about 80% must go towards paying claims, administrative costs and benefits. Administration costs include the salaries of all company employees, agent commissions and then all 3rd party fees associated with doctors, hospitals, clinics, pharmaceutical companies and anyone else who might have a contract with that insurer. Insurance companies are only allowed to make an 8% profit. So to put it into numbers; say $1000 per month is credited to every social security number. Medicare hangs on to $200, the carrier gets $800 to do the feds work.
The way I look at it is this way your Medicare $ goes for you and not what your congressman wants to replace with an IOU.
It intake he a little while to grasp being it is another social program and I am a staunch conservative. But I understand how these things work.

Jim Simmers

Established Member
I heard the number, and this year alone it was I believe over 49 billion. Makes you feel real good about paying taxes doesn't it.
thrilled! That's one of the best part of this program is that the money goes towards Medicare benefits and not replaced by an IOU. Of course that's just speculation on my part. No member of Congress would ever take money designated for one project and use it for another. Especially one not approved by their constituents, right?

Jim Simmers

Established Member
...popcorn...I can't scroll fast enough hoping for the one post where you all agree so I know what to do when I am so old I can't work anymore
It will never happen. Its easier to sit here and bitch about everything than to really do the research anything. I have laid out all the facts that cant really be disputed, they are all in the Medicare and you hand book or can be found on Medicare.gov. But it makes for good dialogue I suppose.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the number, and this year alone it was I believe over 49 billion. Makes you feel real good about paying taxes doesn't it.
you forgot a ZERO there spanky - Americans could pay up to $451 billion to care for migrants who entered the US illegally, but have been released into the country or escaped from custody, according to a new report due out Monday from House Republicans and obtained exclusively by The Post.

https://nypost.com/2023/11/13/news/...-historic-451-billion-cost-of-migrant-crisis/

Motor Mouse

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Jim you will get off your kick in a few hours because your window to pad your your pocket is coming to an end for this period. I have said over and over that advantage plans are not bad and may be right for some people. Maybe even my wife?

Your CEO (Humana if I’m not mistaking) made something’s like 17 million with stock options and bonuses in 2022. Management sales and administration made 100’s of millions. In 2022. Its public! So don’t again ask where I get my info from! Individuals in this blog have posted a small portions of public info facts. And you keep saying don’t know where we get our facts? We could overload this blog with articles of how much advantage plans are costing ibis country and the tax payers. And health care providers issues with advantage plans. Ya I know health care providers are bad and insurance providers are good! Have you heard my intent! Advantage plans are not bad and may be right for some people. But Advantage plans are costing the tax million and will bankrupt Medicare sooner than it will without it. You explained how advantage plans are funded. I dispute none of that! So if Humana, just one of our insurance providers looking out for my interest, is making millions off medicare funds how is that doing me a favor? How is that a conservative approach. Can I tell you one more time my point is not if advantage plan or gap is better. It depends! But advantage plans are a money making scheme for insurance company’s and their employees.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you people know how fat commissions are when dealing with health insurance? I sold supplemental shit a long time ago. Absolutely bananas. :)...popcorn...

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Do you people know how fat commissions are when dealing with health insurance? I sold supplemental shit a long time ago. Absolutely bananas. :)...popcorn...
Well Jim you will get off your kick in a few hours because your window to pad your your pocket is coming to an end for this period. I have said over and over that advantage plans are not bad and may be right for some people. Maybe even my wife?

Your CEO (Humana if I’m not mistaking) made something’s like 17 million with stock options and bonuses in 2022. Management sales and administration made 100’s of millions. In 2022. Its public! So don’t again ask where I get my info from! Individuals in this blog have posted a small portions of public info facts. And you keep saying don’t know where we get our facts? We could overload this blog with articles of how much advantage plans are costing ibis country and the tax payers. And health care providers issues with advantage plans. Ya I know health care providers are bad and insurance providers are good! Have you heard my intent! Advantage plans are not bad and may be right for some people. But Advantage plans are costing the tax million and will bankrupt Medicare sooner than it will without it. You explained how advantage plans are funded. I dispute none of that! So if Humana, just one of our insurance providers looking out for my interest, is making millions off medicare funds how is that doing me a favor? How is that a conservative approach. Can I tell you one more time my point is not if advantage plan or gap is better. It depends! But advantage plans are a money making scheme for insurance company’s and their employees.
1st of all, I am independent, I am my own CEO. Humana's is not mine. 2nd of all, I can go year around. Veterans and dual eligible can go year around and the governor has given seniors a special election period to enroll in certain areas year around. Plus January 1st through March 31st it is OEP, Open enrollment period time and we always have people retire and join Medicare through age so there is that. I am glad you started this post. I know you seem to be annoyed with me and are hostile towards me but thats OK. I heard it is tough when you find out when you've been factually proven wrong on all accounts. The only thing youve been right on is that they might not be right for you. Everything else you stated, even on how they will bank rupt Medicare is Bullshit. I think you know it but have to grasp onto something. Sorry, but you cant even get a little victory there. Fact is Doctors will Fraudulently steal from Medicare and politicians will continue to steal from it to give to illegals and countries that chant DEATH TO AMERICA!. I hope your health gets better and you enjoy your holidays.
Oh and to address Humana making money off your Medicare. They are limited by your favorite uncle sam in how much profit they can make. Dont bitch at the company, bitch about the government its their baby. Trust me, poor people and bankrupt companies dont stay in business long therefor you would have claims. You can keep on trying to battle here but from a text message you wont get it. have a nice life and go catch some fish, youll be happier.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88