What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Hearing aids
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Bauer" data-source="post: 390442" data-attributes="member: 775"><p>37 years old and not quite to the hearing aid point yet, but my audiologist I just visited said if I hadn't come in, and if I don't do something about it now, it wouldn't have been very long and I would have needed them. I started my venture as I was looking for a comfortable pair of in-ear shooters protection as the <$500 value ones I had been endlessly wasting my money on always had a trait I didn't care for. During my exam (Alliance Center For Hearing, Bismarck A+++), we talked about the options from Sound Gear that they have had great luck with and I ended up purchasing the Phantom devices that are placed into a custom molded earpiece with a direct fit to my ear. Man, what a difference, not only do I like wearing them now due to comfort, but the upgraded quality microphone doesn't give my goose calls a tinny sound and I can hear more of the things going on around me with my friends. Its crazy to know what I have been missing out on all these years. I did have to pay nearly full price for these (discounted through the audiologist) but they did qualify under my HSA so I was able to use those funds to do it. Hopefully this endeavor can keep me out of the hearing aids until I'm 50+.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Bauer, post: 390442, member: 775"] 37 years old and not quite to the hearing aid point yet, but my audiologist I just visited said if I hadn't come in, and if I don't do something about it now, it wouldn't have been very long and I would have needed them. I started my venture as I was looking for a comfortable pair of in-ear shooters protection as the <$500 value ones I had been endlessly wasting my money on always had a trait I didn't care for. During my exam (Alliance Center For Hearing, Bismarck A+++), we talked about the options from Sound Gear that they have had great luck with and I ended up purchasing the Phantom devices that are placed into a custom molded earpiece with a direct fit to my ear. Man, what a difference, not only do I like wearing them now due to comfort, but the upgraded quality microphone doesn't give my goose calls a tinny sound and I can hear more of the things going on around me with my friends. Its crazy to know what I have been missing out on all these years. I did have to pay nearly full price for these (discounted through the audiologist) but they did qualify under my HSA so I was able to use those funds to do it. Hopefully this endeavor can keep me out of the hearing aids until I'm 50+. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
1 minute ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
26 minutes ago
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
F
DUI Attorney
Latest: Fly Carpin
Today at 4:48 PM
A
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: ale
Today at 12:00 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: luvcatchingbass
Monday at 9:56 PM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Hearing aids
Top
Bottom