Help needed retrieving elk

racksntails

Congratulations. That tag is no joke to fill. Glad it all worked out. You'll have a hell of a story to go with that taxidermy bill.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats on the bull. Glad to hear you made it out safely and that the yotes didn’t destroy your bounty. Hope all turns out well with the ticker.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gaaaa! I do not like this story!

- - - Updated - - -

(one of my phobias... out in the sticks having ticker issues... eff that noise)

nybs

Honored Member
Hope everything turns out okay and glad your buddies were able to help out.
Congrats on the elk!

Nmariner

Established Member
Really? Someone asked you about the legality of someone else carrying your elk out? Hope all is well and hope to see some more pictures of your elk. I have done a lot of bow hunting in that area without seeing an elk. Bighorn Sheep on the other hand seem to be an almost daily occurrence.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gaaaa! I do not like this story!

- - - Updated - - -

(one of my phobias... out in the sticks having ticker issues... eff that noise)

The thread of hunting alone yesterday --- I dont hunt alone anymore -- glad to see you had help -----I carry aspirin and a spare plavix ready to crunch up. (and a bottle of booze-dont show the warden that). Get a good heart doc - that elk will help with lowering the LDL. What a story - - I am glad you got ok and that you got an elk. Thanks for sharing.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thread of hunting alone yesterday --- I dont hunt alone anymore -- glad to see you had help -----I carry aspirin and a spare plavix ready to crunch up. (and a bottle of booze-dont show the warden that). Get a good heart doc - that elk will help with lowering the LDL. What a story - - I am glad you got ok and that you got an elk. Thanks for sharing.

Is there a medical reason for a bottle of booze, or just good ol' fun...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
to wash down the pills, obviously.
:;:cheers thins the blood. When you go in they ask -- have you been drinking --- no ---- you should of been you wouldnt be here.

- - - Updated - - -

When a heart attack occurs, blood flow is reduced to several areas of the body. When the blood flow is restored, white blood cells stick to the walls of the arteries. Then they release toxins into the damaged tissues. This causes additional cell death and more damage.
However, alcohol makes the artery walls slick and stops the white blood cells from sticking to the damaged tissue

- - - Updated - - -

Men who had two to four drinks after a heart attack are less likely to have a second one than were abstainers.
Those who had an average of two drinks per day were 59% less likely to have another heart attack. Men who had an average of four drinks per day were 52% less likely, compared to abstainers

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
As someone who also strays off the beaten path by himself, really glad to hear that everything worked out for ya!

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:cheers thins the blood. When you go in they ask -- have you been drinking --- no ---- you should of been you wouldnt be here.

- - - Updated - - -

When a heart attack occurs, blood flow is reduced to several areas of the body. When the blood flow is restored, white blood cells stick to the walls of the arteries. Then they release toxins into the damaged tissues. This causes additional cell death and more damage.
However, alcohol makes the artery walls slick and stops the white blood cells from sticking to the damaged tissue

- - - Updated - - -

Men who had two to four drinks after a heart attack are less likely to have a second one than were abstainers.
Those who had an average of two drinks per day were 59% less likely to have another heart attack. Men who had an average of four drinks per day were 52% less likely, compared to abstainers

[/QUOTE/Tough choice, be an alcoholic or stand the chance of having a heart attach.;:;boozer

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28