Here piggy piggy

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It was my understanding game and fish said no to shooting one. They say there are some in the Turtle Mt. Is that correct? db

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From what I read, they were waiting until winter when the Turtle Mountain ones herded up, then were going to wipe them out. Don't know if that worked out or not.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was my understanding game and fish said no to shooting one. They say there are some in the Turtle Mt. Is that correct? db
db, Rayfield from Kalvin klinic shot one quite a few years ago and posted a picture of it on facebook laying on the end gate of his pickup. He passed away and the pic is no longer of his face book page.

They like acorns so they like the turtle mountains .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
During the oil boom I saw a scrubby looking sow with a big litter out in the middle of nowhere between New Town and White Earth. I forget exactly where I was but I remember thinking what will I see next with all this craziness going on out here. The piglets were mostly white with dark spots and looked like they were in great health except they were all sunburned. At the time I just figured they were escapees that belonged to someone but who knows. they probably go undetected in areas since the tracks resemble deer tracks.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been on more than one hog rodeo/roundup. Hogs dig......A LOT!! Go figure that they sometimes dig under the fences. Herding hogs is very akin to herding cats except that cats generally don't weigh 100 lbs or more. As far as having escape livestock on my land, I look at it this way. Cattle, horses, sheep, goats, and other similar critters eating some grass and dropping fertilizer bombs doesn't damage my land or the grass. Hogs rooting and digging the grass up is quite a different story and the polar opposite. One will be tolerated for a time with a small smile and a friendly exchange of adult beverage while conversely the other will be dealt with VERY quickly. Not "rocket surgery" IMO.

Founding Member
Founding Member
About 12 years ago a coworker let some kids bowhunt on his place on the south side of Sakakawea.
When he showed me one of the pics they got off their trail cam I almost fell over!
IMG_5996.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93