High Standard

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I learned to shoot pistols with the bottom 2. Took my NDCWP with the top one.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll know more in a few days but I think I need a smaller grip , I have big hands but still like the feeling of a small grip like the older High Standard I shot. Bigger target grips might be ok for some but I lose that feeling like your pointing with your finger. I have a friend with a stash of target guns that I need to visit so I can hold a few before I decide. If anyone knows of a good place in Fargo that might have something in this order I'd appreciate a heads up.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the issue with my thump but even so I feel the grip is to fat on the browning. Guess that can be changed but hopefully you find the change to try many.
the weights help a lot along with the front suppressor. If I take the weights off it does affect the shooting. For me I would like to try.a new target pistol as I would think they may shoot better. Today one can purchase my hi standard for below 1000 to above 1000. Not sure what a new one would cost but there are a number of hi standards still found on the internet. They were and are a fine pistol. Db

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
21766472_1005951239544495_1567931212355397815_n.jpg

Of those three if you had to ride all the way to Mexico on a buffalo and shoot mosquitoes what would you grab ?

- - - Updated - - -

Mosquitos would be landed on a fence post.

nytebyte

Founding Member
Founding Member
High Standards are great but they can be a little finicky about feeding. Mags can get bent and need adjustment but if all is good they are hard to beat. Should only use standard velocity in the old guns to save them. I have owned a few and every one could outshoot me. Other than the Olimpic-only shot 22 shorts- top of the line ones were the Victor, Trophy, Citation, and the Tournament for a good starter pistol. There are a lot still out there. Sharpshooter is a good plinking gun. Stay away from the Texas made ones and watch for the Hartford Connecticut or even the East Harford ones and you will have that you can pass down to the great grandkids.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of those three if you had to ride all the way to Mexico on a buffalo and shoot mosquitoes what would you grab ?

- - - Updated - - -

Mosquitos would be landed on a fence post.

A shotgun, because despite fairly good equipment, I am a horrible pistol shooter. Plus I wouldn't go to Mexico.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11