Holy Cow are the Canuks Angry!!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a realistic view, but it's the wrong view. I don't believe that there are enough military members that would attack their own country. And if they did, it would only happen once. Come what may, I will never fall back in line. I don't have to, it's a choice.

I think FTPete would fit in perfectly in australia right now...

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a realistic view, but it's the wrong view. I don't believe that there are enough military members that would attack their own country. And if they did, it would only happen once. Come what may, I will never fall back in line. I don't have to, it's a choice.

So go do it then. Quit your job, quit paying taxes. Build a compound in the middle of nowhere and you and your buddies arm yourselves to the teeth and live happily ever after. No one's stopping you.

Pretty easy to talk big on the internet, isn't it?

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
So go do it then. Quit your job, quit paying taxes. Build a compound in the middle of nowhere and you and your buddies arm yourselves to the teeth and live happily ever after. No one's stopping you.

I am just wondering what goes through your head all day that these are the things you say...on the internet. Not impressed with you calling me out for being what you are...

- - - Updated - - -

You know what. You are right. 100%. I talk tough on the internet. I talk tough when around others. I talk tough about things that I feel are important and I hope and pray that when the time comes I can make the right decision. The decision that isn't easy, but the one that is right.

What you suggested I do (not me), I don't feel like is the right thing to do. But if I did, I pray that I can have the courage do it. Without fear of shame from people like you.

Currently? I am doing what I feel is the right thing to do. And not trying to shame others on the internet for doing the same.

You are as ignorant and misaligned as the come.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing that worries me about these protests and that no one is talking about is this: I have a feeling that after this is all over no matter how it is settled, there are going to be many retaliatory laws, taxes, rules, and regulations imposed on truckers and farmers by both the US and the Canadian government.

There are a lot of things that us farmers do where they government turns a blind eye to, or “let’s it slide” if you will. One of them being the ability to drive your own semi to haul your own goods within a 150 mile radius of your farm and not need a CDL. If the government decides to crack down on this someday, that would drastically affect farmers and how they move their products to market. I could rattle off a bunch of little procedural things like this on farms and ranches that the government could totally upend with the stroke of a pen.

Think about it. Yes, the truckers and farmers are making a huge impact right now and I’m 100% in support of them but the government is always going to have the upper hand.

The problem with your " I am ok with whatever the government does to others as long as they leave me alone " will never work because once they are done with the others they will be coming for you.

": Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

You remind me of my wife's cat that will turn the other way and thinks as long as she can't see me I can't see her

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Something needs to be done here and up there to give the power back to the people!
Term limits would be a big start but I don't believe that will ever happen. These clowns aren't going to vote themselves out of office and their gravy train.
Hope I am wrong.

Well there is a movement called Convention of States thats purpose is to ammend the constitution to inclued term limits and basically a ballanced budget. Nebraska was 17th state to get on board, for some reason SD senate tabled it and wouldnt even vote on it, no idea WTF is wrong with SD as that should be an easy state. ND is onboard so hopefully we get enough states to make some changes, without having to resort to a civil war. Check out the link for more info:

https://conventionofstates.com/article-v-of-the-u-s-constitution

Article V of the U.S. Constitution gives states the power to call a Convention of States to propose amendments. It takes 34 states to call the convention and 38 to ratify any amendments that are proposed.

<font color="#202124"><span style="font-family: &quot"><font color="#202124"><font color="#202124">

Last edited:

FlatTopPete

Established Member

Exactly. I like how I’m getting called a chicken shit for stating the obvious. Pretty easy to act like a big man on the net.

Anybody remember Gordon Kahl? That dude was a farmer going around conducting meetings and telling people not to pay taxes and look what the feds did to him.

What about Lavoy Finicum? Feds took care of him too.

Don’t disagree with these folks one bit. If I was in Canada right now, hell I’d probably be sitting in my truck at the protest. I’m just saying the US government is one hell of a powerful machine and there is enough loonies in power there that would come down hard on a redneck uprising.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing that worries me about these protests and that no one is talking about is this: I have a feeling that after this is all over no matter how it is settled, there are going to be many retaliatory laws, taxes, rules, and regulations imposed on truckers and farmers by both the US and the Canadian government.

There are a lot of things that us farmers do where they government turns a blind eye to, or “let’s it slide” if you will. One of them being the ability to drive your own semi to haul your own goods within a 150 mile radius of your farm and not need a CDL. If the government decides to crack down on this someday, that would drastically affect farmers and how they move their products to market. I could rattle off a bunch of little procedural things like this on farms and ranches that the government could totally upend with the stroke of a pen.

Think about it. Yes, the truckers and farmers are making a huge impact right now and I’m 100% in support of them but the government is always going to have the upper hand.

So it makes it safe to have non cdl drivers if your with in 150 miles of home? Thats crazy and if other industries have to follow the rules i dont see why farmers dont.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly. I like how I’m getting called a chicken shit for stating the obvious. Pretty easy to act like a big man on the net.

Anybody remember Gordon Kahl? That dude was a farmer going around conducting meetings and telling people not to pay taxes and look what the feds did to him.

Don’t disagree with these folks one bit. If I was in Canada right now, hell I’d probably be sitting in my truck at the protest. I’m just saying the US government is one hell of a powerful machine and there is enough loonies in power there that would come down hard on a redneck uprising.

You are the only one calling yourself a chicken shit. If that is your reaction to being confronted by a differing opinion, then that is on you. Not those with differing opinions.

Stand by what you say and say it again. Just don't make up that people are calling you names, because it did not happen.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit is getting real! Now would be a good time to pray for Canada!

my money is on the truckers - they seem to have what it takes - and the support of 10s of millions globally

- - - Updated - - -

I get it pete - this is spooky shat we're talking here

I just hope I can gut it up if it's ever necessary - dying a coward would really suck

FlatTopPete

Established Member
You are the only one calling yourself a chicken shit. If that is your reaction to being confronted by a differing opinion, then that is on you. Not those with differing opinions.

Stand by what you say and say it again. Just don't make up that people are calling you names, because it did not happen.

Dude you need to get laid. That’s all I’m going to say about it anymore. I’m pretty sure you and I both agree on what they are doing and what the protest is all about.

- - - Updated - - -

So it makes it safe to have non cdl drivers if your with in 150 miles of home? Thats crazy and if other industries have to follow the rules i dont see why farmers dont.

Didn’t say I agree with that rule. On our own farm, everyone employed has a CDL. Personally, i am kind of shocked by the amount of farmers that don’t have them and they were fairly easy to get up until the rules changed last Monday.

Im just saying that there are enough rules and regs out there such as that one that the government could change in the blink of an eye and with the stroke of a pen that would change life for a lot of farmers….

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Canadian government is loosing and they know it and are grasping at straws.

[FONT=&quot]"The Ottawa Police Service said in a statement Wednesday that police are working with the Children's Aid Society of Ottawa to investigate and address "child welfare concerns" at the ongoing trucker protest in the city's downtown area.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Police have a role to play in observing any potential dangers and will report them immediately to CASO. In matters that involve a child or youth who is in the protest area, CASO will work closely with the OPS to respond to the concern," the statement read.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Children's Aid Society of Ottawa is funded by the Ontario government and is empowered to seize children from families if necessary.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The statement built on comments OPS Deputy Chief Steve Bell made to reporters Tuesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to the Ottawa Citizen, Bell said children could be at risk during a police operation to remove protesters. He also said the children faced risks including carbon monoxide poisoning and lack of sanitary facilities.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bell added that OPS was "not at the stage of looking to do any sort of enforcement activity around that."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One protester became irate when told about the child welfare concerns. "The [police are] gonna come in here and do what to my kids?" he asked CBC journalist Joseph Tunney. "I have two teenagers here that're in my car. Are they in danger?"
https://www.yahoo.com/now/freedom-convoy-ottawa-childrens-aid-212816207.html

[/FONT]

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

;:;popcorn

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
let’s not be rash here

I’d like to hear more about this “compound” concept before discarding it as folly

- - - Updated - - -

my first question is how you keep the mongol hordes from stealing your compound

in all the movies, bands of bad guys decide to take your compound by force and steal all your stuff - how to prevent this?

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it happens here don't doubt for a minute that General Milley wouldn't pull the pin and send a missile into the center of it and blow them all to pieces. That guy shouldn't be in the position he has.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
let’s not be rash here

I’d like to hear more about this “compound” concept before discarding it as folly

- - - Updated - - -

in all the movies, bands of bad guys decide to take your compound by force and steal all your stuff - how to prevent this?

Guy,
I think Trump had the right idea building a wall to keep the shit out unless wanted in. Maybe some of the leftover wall parts would be available in Texas. Better yet, build your compound in Texas close to the wall parts.
Your welcome. :cool:
Fish On!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Y8s0MlCh2AXW.png

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
let’s not be rash here

- - - Updated - - -

I was watching this TV show a couple years ago where five teams were setting up compounds in a contest. Some guys who were considered "professional prepers" judged them. The winning team was in Texas, and they won because they cleared the ground of rocks and shrubs to 1500 yards in all directions. They had one 50cal and two 338 Lapuas. The plan was to kill anything that entered bare ground.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88